• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    16 shots fired by police with 7 hits on the suspect (amazingly good ratio sadly) from approximately 8 ft....9 misses appear to all be accounted for as injuring bystanders....wow that's epic fail.

But at least Pelosi can't bi+ch about it being "the big clips" since the suspect had an 8 round 1911.
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sounds like a murder followed by a mass shooting conducted by NYPD.

Maybe Bloomberg should remove firearms from all the cities law enforcement to prevent these tragedies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Seems like about every month or two....there's some story out of NYC about some really high round count gunfight. Makes me wonder if those folks ever do any pro-active training/range time/practice on their own dime and time.?..

One of my buddies is a cop in NC. His department has a range and all he's got to do is show up and they give him ammo. I was like "goddamn, I'd spend 4 hours a day shooting."

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Sounds like a murder followed by a mass shooting conducted by NYPD.

Maybe Bloomberg should remove firearms from all the cities law enforcement to prevent these tragedies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right! Maybe Bloomberg will use England as an example.....
    Bad guy commits a crime and police give chase shouting "Halt or I'll ....uh......whistle and throw my stick at you!"

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    One of my buddies is a cop in NC. His department has a range and all he's got to do is show up and they give him ammo. I was like "goddamn, I'd spend 4 hours a day shooting."

Sounds like a good enough incentive to me.....I would spend a lot of time there especially if it were free ammo.
    It's still on the individual to practice beyond the "requirements". I'm not LE but I do have a lot of family and friends that are.
    Some are more inclined to practice on their own than others. Those that practice more, miss less.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sounds like a good enough incentive to me.....I would spend a lot of time there especially if it were free ammo.
    It's still on the individual to practice beyond the "requirements". I'm not LE but I do have a lot of family and friends that are.
    Some are more inclined to practice on their own than others. Those that practice more, miss less.

Yep, it's free to him ammo. I'd have real trouble not taking too much advantage of it.

"Sage, why did our ammunition budget double when you hired on?" LOL

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Yep, it's free to him ammo. I'd have real trouble not taking too much advantage of it.

"Sage, why did our ammunition budget double when you hired on?" LOL

Right!
    I think of it like a "all you can eat Chinese buffet" outside Camp LeJeune I used to go to.......
    Eventually I would be told "You go now! You no make me go broke!" Ha!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm shocked. The story said the guy's arm was cocked. I've never seen a cock on an arm.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I'm shocked. The story said the guy's arm was cocked. I've never seen a cock on an arm.

Z3pkzp_6lWDap8S_.jpg

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    The video of the shooting is on theblaze Yep 7-9 feet and lots of missed shots. The BG didn't get a shot off, 5 shot hit the guy he killed, and one round was in the mag and the police ejected one round.

My question is "why do they talk about how many this guy could have killed" he had another mag in his briefcase but didn't reload, not much mass murdering with two rounds. As the the police, they need to aim better at the distance they were.

Place blame where blame should be due, sure to the killer but some really needs to go to the police.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I think NY mayor should begin by disarming his body guards and announce it on radio, TV, and newspaper--that is, if he lasted that long.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    There are lots of comments on heavy trigger pulls on the NYPD guns. The first comment made me think it was just a joke poking at Bloomberg, but now I am wondering to the cops there really have modified guns to have heavier trigger pulls? That would be so nuts, if true, but somehow not at all surprising.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There are lots of comments on heavy trigger pulls on the NYPD guns. The first comment made me think it was just a joke poking at Bloomberg, but now I am wondering to the cops there really have modified guns to have heavier trigger pulls? That would be so nuts, if true, but somehow not at all surprising.

Yes. They have to have a 12 pound trigger pull.

That said, it's not like it's impossible to hit targets with a heavy pull. Sig says the DA pull on my P226 is 10 lbs, and I've made hits out to 35-40 yards that way. I don't think an extra 2 lbs on the trigger would affect my ability much. Then again, I'd bet a lot of money I shoot more than your average police officer...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Here's a case where gun control would actually have prevented the shooting of innocents: by disarming the poorly trained and anti-gun NYPD.

Top Bottom