• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Dan Gross (pres of brady campaign) is pumping a lot of spew on tv and keeps saying over and over that "74% of the NRA supports background checks, obviously there are people who support guns that support the preventative measures" and "hunters don't want people gunned down on the streets of Chicago" they're jumping in head first with this.
    Gun Zone Deals

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    yup, these "random acts" of gun violence is either 1)increasing greatly out of sheer "coincidence" or 2) they are finally being reported on by big, liberal anit-gun ran media to REALLY push their agenda.... wtf New York? I thought your laws protected people from guns and gun-related crime? I do feel bad for the ones who were lost today at that place, its a damn shame it happened... but I blame their damn Legislators for effectively legislating the average citizens means to protect ones self

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    Dan Gross (pres of brady campaign) is pumping a lot of spew on tv and keeps saying over and over that "74% of the NRA supports background checks, obviously there are people who support guns that support the preventative measures" and "hunters don't want people gunned down on the streets of Chicago" they're jumping in head first with this.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    "None of the other people who were shot were seriously wounded and they are all expected to recover."

I love how they are down playing the "other people's" condition. Why aren't they victims like every other public shooting???

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    "None of the other people who were shot were seriously wounded and they are all expected to recover."

I love how they are down playing the "other people's" condition. Why aren't they victims like every other public shooting???

Because then it shows how impotent those f#@#king liberals are with their gun laws.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Because libs don't want to shit where they eat. If they treated this just like they treat all of the other shootings they report in States that are pro-gun (i.e., sensationalize and villify) then they would be conceding that their anti-gun poster child (New York City) isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    The police fired 14 times. The shooters gun had one round left in it, it held up to 8. Three shots hit the guy he shot and perhaps one more missed. The 8 or 9 were shot by NYPD, not the shooter.

I don't know why this isn't the story... That to me is what it's about. People kill each other every day, but cops don't shoot 9 innocents every day. Last night in Chicago 19 shot, 13 in a 30 min period, where is the real outrage? Oh I forgot we gotta attack the legal gun owner.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    The police fired 14 times. The shooters gun had one round left in it, it held up to 8. Three shots hit the guy he shot and perhaps one more missed. The 8 or 9 were shot by NYPD, not the shooter.

I don't know why this isn't the story... That to me is what it's about. People kill each other every day, but cops don't shoot 9 innocents every day. Last night in Chicago 19 shot, 13 in a 30 min period, where is the real outrage? Oh I forgot we gotta attack the legal gun owner.

THIS.

Very valid points.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Some very bad decision making going on here by the PD. Don't get me wrong, I'm really not sure how I would handle a situation like that (nor do I have all the facts) but how 8-9 people got shot in the pursuit is downright inexcusable. Even if only half of them were hit by the police that's ridiculous. Did these guys think it was like the movies that when the good guy shoots into a crowd of people the bullets will magically miss the bystanders and impact the bad guy? And yeah, the fact that the police wounding people in this battle is not the focus of this story is outraging, yet typical.

It's one of the golden rules, fellas: "Know your target, and what's beyond." Except in this case perhaps it should be "Know your target, and what's between you and it." :(

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The brady bunch were right. Those 'high capacity assault clips' the police officers carry really are used to mow down large numbers of random bystanders.

I suggest disarming the NYPD for the children.

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    Police like that give police everywhere such a bad rep ... Hell! these gun control laws are so detrimental, that even the local law enforcement are lacking the skills needed to properly use these weapons... geez...

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Some very bad decision making going on here by the PD. Don't get me wrong, I'm really not sure how I would handle a situation like that (nor do I have all the facts) but how 8-9 people got shot in the pursuit is downright inexcusable. Even if only half of them were hit by the police that's ridiculous. Did these guys think it was like the movies that when the good guy shoots into a crowd of people the bullets will magically miss the bystanders and impact the bad guy? And yeah, the fact that the police wounding people in this battle is not the focus of this story is outraging, yet typical.

It's one of the golden rules, fellas: "Know your target, and what's beyond." Except in this case perhaps it should be "Know your target, and what's between you and it." :(
    this

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Latest I've read it went down something like this:

Man shoots his former employer once in the head (without exchanging words).

Former employer falls to the ground, and shooter puts another three rounds into the fallen victim.

Shooter puts his handgun into his briefcase and calmly walks away to blend into the crowd.

A witness (reported as a construction worker) follows shooter, sees two NYPD cops in front of a tall building and tells them what he saw.

Cops confront the suspect (seen on video, but no audio).

Suspect pulls handgun (later identified as a .45 caliber pistol).

Cops open fire, expend 14-16 rounds, kill suspect.

Eight (8) bystanders are injured by gunfire, none of the wounds being consistent with a .45 caliber round.

Mayor says "some of the injured may have been shot by police."

Looks like a NYPD firearms training issue to me, plain and simple.

Wonder if Ayoob will give this some analysis and print?

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Keep in mind folks. The police in NY are.disadvantaged. They have to have 25 pound trigger pulls.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I say every time someone gets shot because of some stupid law to disarm the citizenry, i saw that the government (be it local, state or federal) that passed the law needs to be sued (in a court higher than the jurisdiction that made the law). Maybe they will stop with these damn laws and repeal the ones that have been passed.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    But wait guns are illegal in NYC! How did a criminal get a gun.... Oh wait... Never mind.

Yeah, but they need to post more "gun free zone" signs to let the criminals know it's against the law. Otherwise how will they know? They should post the signs in Spanish AND English too just be 100% sure.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    The problem in this situation in NYC is Bloomberg. You see there are police everywhere there and armed till the hilt. He has them fearing their own shadows that a terrorist attack or mass shooting is going to happen. All this hype plays on a police officer the same way it plays on a soldier in a combat situation. They are waiting for that dang right wing extremists or terrorist or mass killer to break loose any second. What happened here happens every day on many streets in America. Bet you didn't hear about the two vendors shooting it out yesterday in NYC...see... Hype.

When things are hyped up, nerves are on edge and what is a simple for lack of a better explanation, employee shoots employer situtation, the police unload on them. Oh no it's a terriorst, mass casulties, dang right wing bible toteing, sticking to my guns and religion 2nd amendment supporter and all heck breaks loose. It didn't need to happen, I found out now the guy didn't even get a shot off at the police, the mayhem was caused by the police.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Because the murderer may not have even fired his weapon when he was outside. There's a very good chance that all those wounded were wounded by NYPD.

This is what happens when you give basically untrained shooters guns with 11 lb triggers.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Seems like about every month or two....there's some story out of NYC about some really high round count gunfight. Makes me wonder if those folks ever do any pro-active training/range time/practice on their own dime and time.?..

Top Bottom