• ...and so much more!
  • Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I agree. I think they are just going to take a different path to try and restrict our gun rights.

This ruling is merely a hurdle, not an ironclad obstacle to them.
    As it sits right now they can bring it. We finally have a court that seems to be ruling based on the constitution. The more legislation that the dims put forth that is unconstitutional the more that it will get shot down. I think that people are fed up with the BS. I know that I am. I saw some politician that was being interviewed today announce to the interviewer what his preferred pronouns are. WTF? This country has taken a turn for the worse and it is time to turn it around.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    As it sits right now they can bring it. We finally have a court that seems to be ruling based on the constitution. The more legislation that the dims put forth that is unconstitutional the more that it will get shot down. I think that people are fed up with the BS. I know that I am. I saw some politician that was being interviewed today announce to the interviewer what his preferred pronouns are. WTF? This country has taken a turn for the worse and it is time to turn it around.
    My fear is they will get creative in ways to get around the ruling, to further restrict our gun rights, while keeping with the letter of the law.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    My fear is they will get creative in ways to get around the ruling, to further restrict our gun rights, while keeping with the letter of the law.

They are going to try, no doubt. It's always a battle.

But here's another happy sign from today, that might give us a little more faith in the future of the 2nd amendment:

So Justice Roberts has been very spineless, very wishy-washy, and half the time it seems like he's a friggin' leftist. I don't think anyone would doubt that. A lot of us were overjoyed that President Trump gave us a majority on SCOTUS that didn't require Roberts.

Roberts is the Chief Justice, and part of what that means is that when Roberts agrees with the majority on some opinion, he gets to say which Justice writes the opinion. That's a big choice sometimes, especially when a certain Justice might feel very strongly about a certain issue.

So Roberts voted with the majority today to protect our 2A rights, which is a great thing all by itself, but because he was in the majority, that means he was the one who decided which Justice would write this opinion. Roberts could have easily assigned this case to Kavanaugh or Barrett, knowing that as junior Justices, they would write a narrow opinion, treading carefully.

But instead he gave it to Thomas, who is the most ardent 2A supporter on the Court, and a human f***ing wrecking ball when it comes to destroying anti-2A bulls***. Roberts knew that Thomas would s**t all over NY, and s**t all over the anti-2A lower courts and their bulls**t decisions. Roberts knew that Thomas would rip gun control laws all across America new a******s, and that the fallout from Thomas's opinion would take decades to settle.

Again this is Roberts, who hates controversy, and likes to keep SCOTUS out of the headlines. He gave this opinion to the one human who would blow up every f***ing headline in the free world, and cause maximum controversy. And then he held that opinion to be released until Thomas' birthday, so that Thomas could cement his moment in history.

Think about that for a second. Roberts is no friend to a true conservative, but when it comes to the 2A, maybe he's not our enemy.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    True colors revealed:

Enraged Keith Olbermann calls for Supreme Court's dissolution after New York concealed carry ruling​

The far-left, ex-MSNBC host tweeted it has "become necessary to dissolve the Supreme Court of the United States. The first step is for a state the ‘court’ has now forced guns upon, to ignore this ruling. Great. You're a court? Why and how do you think you can enforce yourr rulings? #IgnoreThe Court."
    Lol

Wait till Dobbs is released his head will explode

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well, to be fair, sometimes even using the search feature I have missed other's threads. Depends on if the title and postings have the same search .
    True.
    But let's stay on topic.

It's a busy forum and one was in DFW forum.
    I'm doing what I can and what I deem reasonable.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    60bc7d5875de86e4f1cfc6ff33c07ee3.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Enraged Keith Olbermann calls for Supreme Court's dissolution after New York concealed carry ruling

The far-left, ex-MSNBC host tweeted it has "become necessary to dissolve the Supreme Court of the United States. The first step is for a state the ‘court’ has now forced guns upon, to ignore this ruling. Great. You're a court? Why and how do you think you can enforce yourr rulings? #IgnoreThe Court."
    Well that raises a good point... SCOTUS doesn't really have any strong enforcement ability.

It's up to the people exercising their 2A rights to enforce it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Interesting amicus brief

“Yet the brief from the criminal defense lawyers, which includes the Bronx Defenders and the Brooklyn Defender Services, argues against the state’s gun laws from a progressive position. “In 2020, while Black people made up 18% of New York’s population, they accounted for 78% of the state’s felony gun possession cases,” the brief says.”
    Source: https://www.wsj.com/articles/progre...xixmirkz0r1w06r&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Brief

“Never Forget” that the FIRST STATE to have and accept a law violating our 2A and prohibiting our RIIGHT to carry a handgun in public, was TEXAS !

Top Bottom