• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bertizzie89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    san antonio, texas
    i more than likely may not make it out to until sunday, if i can make it tommorow it will probably be in the afternoon! hopefully i can still get a decent deal on a pistol and some mags!
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah, Cedar Ridge has a good reputation despite the efforts of the management!

If you're on the NE side of SA it's probably the best place to go. Bracken is OK but I've heard too many horror stories about the place.

If you're on the west side, try Blackhawk down in Atascosa. I've advise to stay away from the Bullethole, despite recent physical improvements there the same people are running the place and I still don't trust that safety is a high priority with them. I've had too many bad experiences there to ever want to set foot there again!

If you're lucky enough to have a DoD ID card, you can shoot on Camp Bullis on the weekends. No guests allowed, so no ID card, no shooting!

Bass Pro Shop has an indoor range but you have to make reservations and check your weapon at the front door. Otherwise, I've heard good things about it.

Texas Thunder on Bandera Road is extremely overpriced and you have to buy their ammo. How that place stays in business is beyond me.

Bexar County Range on the SE side of town has a good reputation. A Place To Shoot on the southside not so much so, and they've got (or had) a legal injunction against them so you can't shoot rifles there. Based on that fact alone, I'd still go there just to show my support for a local gun business who is being illegally harassed by a local judge (there's a thread on the story here somewhere).

Cheers! M2

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yeah, Cedar Ridge has a good reputation despite the efforts of the management!

If you're on the NE side of SA it's probably the best place to go. Bracken is OK but I've heard too many horror stories about the place.

If you're on the west side, try Blackhawk down in Atascosa. I've advise to stay away from the Bullethole, despite recent physical improvements there the same people are running the place and I still don't trust that safety is a high priority with them. I've had too many bad experiences there to ever want to set foot there again!

If you're lucky enough to have a DoD ID card, you can shoot on Camp Bullis on the weekends. No guests allowed, so no ID card, no shooting!

Bass Pro Shop has an indoor range but you have to make reservations and check your weapon at the front door. Otherwise, I've heard good things about it.

Texas Thunder on Bandera Road is extremely overpriced and you have to buy their ammo. How that place stays in business is beyond me.

Bexar County Range on the SE side of town has a good reputation. A Place To Shoot on the southside not so much so, and they've got (or had) a legal injunction against them so you can't shoot rifles there. Based on that fact alone, I'd still go there just to show my support for a local gun business who is being illegally harassed by a local judge (there's a thread on the story here somewhere).

Cheers! M2

Again, if you need an RO go elsewhere. If you don't, CR is the only place to go in the BX/Comal counties as far as outdoor ranges go. IMHO.

rev210

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    Bexar Community is the place to go IMO if you just want to shoot and be left alone, there is no RO or anyone around for the most, the staff in the office is really friendly if you need anything but other than that you are on your own, the range gets the job done and if you go during the week you will probably have it all to yourself, even on crowded days I have mostly seen experienced shooters and no nonsense like at some other places.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    hi all, im a new member, and new Texan! i moved here about 5 months ago from Chicago, Illinois! after being denied the right to own pistols, and most semi auto weapons in the most corrupt city in this country, i look foward to enjoying my second amendment rights! I finally sucked it up and stood in line at the dps lines here in san antonio for almost 5 hours and finally have my temporary I.D. until my permanent one arrives in about a month or so. my question is if i attend the gun show this sunday would i be able to purchase a firearm legally with my temp I.D.? the new temp id papers do include a picture,and i was allowed to keep my original illinois I.D. and my foid card(illinois firearms owner identification card).

Yes you can buy from an FFL with the temp ID. I did the day after I got it. Some FFL dealers may be naive.

Welcome to Texas!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's okay - ya'll go ahead an' go to the show....ah'm gonna work Wall of Guns at Reliant Center today here in Houston, an' mebbe sweet-talk Schoolmarm into stayin' the night an' goin' to the Premier show here in Houston tomorrow....

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    I thought it was a pretty good gun show today at Saxet. Sold my Glock & bought a Walther PPQ .40 S&W. Plus, the PPQ will fit in my XD40 holsters. Glad I was there when they opened... that place got way too crowded before noon.

BTW, sorry missed y'all at IHop.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It was the usual fun, we had a decent crowd at breakfast and while it was mostly the usual vendors at the show, we enjoyed ourselves. Randy, my son and I walked around for about two-and-a-half hours, I bought a furniture set for my milled Bulgarian AK, and we ran into a few folks we knew. We noticed a lot of PSLs (Romanian sniper rifles) which previously have been hard to find, and the number of AKs being offered seemed higher than usual but so were the prices!

All in all, it's a great way to spend a Saturday morning. I'm glad those who made it had a good time!

Cheers! M2

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I definitely noticed a better selection on firearms. No real improvement with the prices though. It got pretty damned crowed after noon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom