• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket_Pilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    Here (not there)
    Look people need to understand what will happen in this election if people vote the way they are saying on this and other threads. Obama will get all of the Liberal votes, the conservative vote will get split. Obama WILL be re-elected and we will have to suffer through more of his BS and will more than likely lose our 2A Rights. Yes i believe it is a good idea to vote for who you think is the better canidate in a perfect system be we are far from that system and they way ours works when our side splits our votes we get screwed.

Just the way all the main stream politicians want all of us to think. You have to vote for one of us or nothing. They pit us against each other under the useless ostences of them being truly Democrat or Republican. Neither the Republicans or Democrats in office are really representative of those respective parties ideals. They are beholdent to whomever got them in office, constitution be dammed. They take our minds off the things that truly matter, the slow erosion of the constitution, ever increasing executive powers, going to war without declaring it, fiat money and a unsustainable economy, etc. And have us focus on lesser things like gay marriage, abortion, etc. I'm not saying the things I just mentioned are not important, but they are not government matters. Those are state issues, if issues at all, as outlined by our constitution. These devisive issues are loved by our politicians because they pit us against each other and take our minds away from the things that matter. United we stand, divided we fall. Wake up before it's too late. Restore the constitution and states rights. Restore sound money. Do these things and everything else will work itself out as devised by that masterful document our founding fathers created hundreds of years ago. When ignorance reigns, life is lost.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I probably don't need to do this, but let me further clarify....Vote for whoever you want in the primary, then vote for the Republican in the General Election.

Even if my worst nightmare came true and John McLame decided to run again and became the Nominee, and Ron Paul decide this was his last chance and became the Nominee if one of the other minor parties, I am voting for McLame. O'Bummer needs to go at all costs and the Republican candidate is the only viable alternative. Even though McLame would be not much better...He'd still be better.

Rocket_Pilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    Here (not there)
    I probably don't need to do this, but let me further clarify....Vote for whoever you want in the primary, then vote for the Republican in the General Election.

Even if my worst nightmare came true and John McLame decided to run again and became the Nominee, and Ron Paul decide this was his last chance and became the Nominee if one of the other minor parties, I am voting for McLame. O'Bummer needs to go at all costs and the Republican candidate is the only viable alternative. Even though McLame would be not much better...He'd still be better.

If only all those people calling themselves republicans truly were! Lesser of two evils is still....evil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    Rick Perry supported Al Gore in the 80's. Anyone who supported that gentleman has no vote of mine.

I live in Rah-rah-rurrrrral Texas and there are a lot of hard core conservative DEMOCRATS. WTF, you ask? They are old farmers and ranchers. Their daddy was a dem, his daddy was a dem, and his granddaddy hated Lincoln for everything he did, and republicans to boot. It is ingrained. Stupid, I know, but you are not going to change it.

Pre Hill Billy Clinton, Al Gore had the NRAs highest marks. He was a southern democrat who was, believe it or not, a bit conservative. Now he is a flaming liberal retard. He has been drinking the Kool Aid (and obviously eating cookies) for too long. Perry supported him initially and then retracted. Perry was also a democrat.

I like a politician (did I just state that?) who will admit that they are dead ass wrong and can change their views. I like someone who can say, "I was naive. I was wrong. I have seen the light and been convinced otherwise."

Times have changed. Perry is pro-gun, anti-welfare state, pro-death, pro-life, pro-job, anti-union and anti-liberal. On the flip side, he seems a little too pro illegal immigrants. He is better than Mitt and seems to be about the only choice of an ELECTABLE (by the people, not the Constitution) candidate.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I live in Rah-rah-rurrrrral Texas and there are a lot of hard core conservative DEMOCRATS. WTF, you ask? They are old farmers and ranchers. Their daddy was a dem, his daddy was a dem, and his granddaddy hated Lincoln for everything he did, and republicans to boot. It is ingrained. Stupid, I know, but you are not going to change it.
    Ronald Reagan was a Democrat at the start of his career.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Explains the huge increase in Federal spending under his watch, the illegal immigrant fiasco, and other things most Republicans like to forget about Reagan.
    Reagan wasnt perfect, but did a great job, IMO. It does take a little money being spent when your predecessor has essentially dismantled the military and left it as an insignificant fighting force.
    Read some of Reagan's book....his writings from the 50's-70's if you doubt his conservatism.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    If only all those people calling themselves republicans truly were! Lesser of two evils is still....evil.

Sure, but a lesser one... The lesser of two evils is what we have in store for us unless we want to throw a little revolution and rinse and repeat the last 100 years of constitutional decay.

If you want a fix here is one that has been floating around in email, but unfortunately has little or no chance of success if it is ever formally introduced.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18-year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 . . . before computer, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land . . . all because of public pressure.

I'm asking you to forward this e-mail to a minimum of twenty people; in turn, ask each of those to do likewise.
    In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. Term Limits
    12 years max, some possible options are below.
    A. Two Six-year Senate terms
    B. Six Two-year House terms
    C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension
    Members of Congress receive a salary while in office,
    that salary ends when they leave office.

3. Congress members (past, present & future) are to participate in Social Security.
    All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system
    immediately.
    All future funds flow into the Social Security system,
    and Congress participates with all Americans.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan,
    just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
    Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system
    and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Members of Congress must equally abide by all laws
    they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present members of Congress are void effective 1/1/12.
    The American people did not make the contract members of Congress enjoy,
    Congress made all these contracts for themselves.
    Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.
    The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators,
    so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

Furthermore my idea for fixing it in addition to what is above is to close the doors of the capital for all but a couple weeks a year. Make the sons-of-bitches telecommute from their districts. It is almost 2012, there is absolutely no reason they need to be physically present in Washington to conduct business. It would save us from the special interests and lobbying firms that fill the cesspool that DC has become....

Sorry to rant, but Iraq sucks and some times I just have to go off.....

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Sure, but a lesser one... The lesser of two evils is what we have in store for us unless we want to throw a little revolution and rinse and repeat the last 100 years of constitutional decay.

If you want a fix here is one that has been floating around in email, but unfortunately has little or no chance of success if it is ever formally introduced.

Furthermore my idea for fixing it in addition to what is above is to close the doors of the capital for all but a couple weeks a year. Make the sons-of-bitches telecommute from their districts. It is almost 2012, there is absolutely no reason they need to be physically present in Washington to conduct business. It would save us from the special interests and lobbying firms that fill the cesspool that DC has become....

Sorry to rant, but Iraq sucks and some times I just have to go off.....
    Great post.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    ... He is better than Mitt and seems to be about the only choice of an ELECTABLE (by the people, not the Constitution) candidate.

Just to be difficult...the people don't elect presidents. We vote for electors to represent our state at the Electoral College.

I like that all the candidates are moving more in the direction I like (except Romney). I'm gonna do what I can to help Ron Paul's campaign in the primaries through donations and word of mouth, but I'm voting Republican in the general election. RP isn't going to switch Libertarian if he doesn't win the primary.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Bingo!

It is all up to the electoral college, and the Founders never imagined that an un-qualified un-vetted community organizer with no private sector or military experience would be nominated by a political system they never envisioned.

Be well.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Ron Paul is my vote. Smaller Fed, and wants what the Constitution wants! Lets get back to our roots in this country, not what Corporate America wants our Politicians to do.

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The current election is the Republican Primary. Nothing at all is lost voting your heart/ideals in the primary. The question is what will we do if we end up with another McCain in the actual election. Will Donald Trump run as an independent? He has the money to overcome the cost of ballot access. If we get an arguably viable candidate running as an independent, the less liberal/progressive vote will get split and the OOOOOsss will win again.

IMO we should have elected Perot back in the day. Do you think we'd be in the mess we're in if we had addressed spending back then?

Top Bottom