• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Is it just me or did Newt kick ass? I don't know his positions on everything but I know a lot of hard core conservatives don't like him. I think he is the smartest guy in the race.

He has a lot of "pros" in my eyes. What are his "cons"?
    Capitol Armory ad

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Well, I know he's been divorced and being in power as speaker is going to make enemies. But the guy knows his history like few others and he knows the facts to back up his positions.

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    The divorce wasn't clean and I think it may have been twice and the timing is ugly. While he was having his side arrangement, he was involved in "prosecution" of the Bill Clinton indiscretion. It's been some time since I've looked at a time line, but it will all come out in glorious detail if he is the R candidate opposing O. He's become very good at steering the direction of the debate, but the media will eat him alive... IMO.

For the interested, it's all easily available on the Inet... no secret.

While all his ideas might not be the very best for every situation, he does have a play book for most situation. I do think he did extremely well tonight.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Ron Paul.....sigh

he's in the same category as Newt.....especially when he says things like this: deregulate auto safety because the public can figure out which cars are safe

now, as an adult i get what his point is...but this isnt realistic at all....it simply isnt, so when he brings up stuff like this, he gets tuned out

look at his election results in the last POTUS election......dismal

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I am a Ron Paul supporter but I think both He and Perry lost some ground tonight. Both had good points occasionally, but overall...not so much. I still like Cain, but he didnt move forward or back. I think Romney did really well and held his position as a front runner. I think Newt was great, but didn't get enough questions. Speaking of which, I think its bullshit that the media decides that Romney, Bachman, and Perry are the front runners so they get most of the questions. Santorum stayed even which is not good for him. I think Huntsman improved his standing.

In the debate:
    Romney
    Gingrich
    Perry
    Huntsman
    Paul
    Cain
    Bachman
    Santorum

momentum in the election:
    Romney
    Perry
    Paul
    Bachman
    ___________________Viability line
    Huntsman
    Cain
    Gingrich
    Santorum

My Preference = Paul>Gingrich>Cain>Perry>Huntsman>the rest. I liked Bachman too, but she has done nothing for me in the last 3 debattes.

I think Romeny is better at debates than Perry. It will be interesting since there are like debates every week for the next 6 weeks it seems like.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    I've read where Cain is a supporter of the 2d Amendment but believes each state should be allowed to set their own laws

not a fan of that if true

I think Perry actually did better than you give him credit for

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    When a guy gets something right, he should be given credit. Perry was the only one with enough courage to call Social Security what it is... a Ponzi scheme. ...and Herman Caine had the wrong answer... let's just fix it. I'm pretty sure a band aid won't get the job done.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Romney had the best answer during the Telemundo guy's questions. He said we need to "turn off the magnet" that attracts illegals. Of course, none of them had a good answer for what to do about the 11 million here already.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    The whole debate was staged by leftist media... MSNBC and Politico were both fixed on having the candidates turn on each other or asking questions to make fools of them. "Texas had 213 executions last year; do you sleep well at night?" Also, the questions were aimed primarily at Perry and Romney... In particular Santorum, Bachmann, Gingrich and Cain were left out... these people were up on the stage didn't get much talk time. All questions aimed at Gingrich or Paul in particular were aimed at making fools of them and were not intended to gain any information. Poorly done MSNBC; that is why no one tunes in any more.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i loved the applause that the audience gave when it was announced Texas had over 200 executions - and then Perry says "i sleep fine"

loved it

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    The whole debate was staged by leftist media... MSNBC and Politico were both fixed on having the candidates turn on each other or asking questions to make fools of them. "Texas had 213 executions last year; do you sleep well at night?" Also, the questions were aimed primarily at Perry and Romney... In particular Santorum, Bachmann, Gingrich and Cain were left out... these people were up on the stage didn't get much talk time. All questions aimed at Gingrich or Paul in particular were aimed at making fools of them and were not intended to gain any information. Poorly done MSNBC; that is why no one tunes in any more.
    Well said above!! and the best comment of the night IMO was from Newt. something along the lines of O-DUMBA$$ not showing up there and asking for some job creating advice from those Governors that actually HAVE created jobs!!

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    (Leftist) Haters gonna Hate.
    Now the scoop is that Rick Perry physically reprimanded Ron Paul during a break.
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze.
    And Perry's statement that he sleeps " fine" regarding the executions in Texas are red meat for them as well.
    Perry, like each of us is not perfect, but I believe he is a man of his convictions and acts accordingly.
    A stark contrast to TPTB whose motives and actions have all but destroyed this Great Country.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    (Leftist) Haters gonna Hate.
    Now the scoop is that Rick Perry physically reprimanded Ron Paul during a break.
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze.
    PMSBK.jpg

Top Bottom