• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Didn't read 6 pages so it may have mentioned. Get a gun that fits you. I had my ltc for 2 years before I finally found something I could cc comfortably. I picked up a sig p365 a couple of months ago and I'm in love. I carry iwb instead of bg380 pocket carry every time I leave the house now. Just drove to Houston and back today. 6 hours on the hip and forgot it was there. Fell asleep on the couch wearing it last week. I found mine. Make sure to find yours.
    Target Sports

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I have long thought about getting a TX CHL, but never got around to it. Now that CC is legal in Texas, I plan to start carrying. With people going full on nutty at such a large scale, I don't think it has ever been more important to do so than it is now.

I was given a Kel-Tec P11 a while back by my parents who didn't want it after they inherited it from my grandfather. That's what I plan to carry until I can get something better like a Kahr CM9. I ordered an IWB leather/kydex holster from Foxx Holsters and plan to carry at the 5 o' clock position, right above my right-back pocket. Thinking is that bad guy demands your wallet, but the CCW comes out instead.

I have never carried concealed before, so I'm looking for pointers on anything. I figured I'll have to adjust my attire a little bit to make sure I don't print or show accidentally. Is there anything else I need to understand before I start carrying?

Also, do yall remove your CCW from its holster while in the car, or leave it?
    Hey SKS,

Do some reading..some youtube...

Masaad Ayoob makes a point..if..........you need to use your firearm....it may well cost in excess of $100,000 (in legal fees...even if you are said to have made a "good/clean" shoot)

Clint Smith has some good, real world training videos...(I want this man ARRESTED!)

There are others.

Read on Bill Jordan, Ed McGivern, Skeeter Skeleton, Jeff Cooper.....

Stay aware! Trust your gut....

With an UNLOADED firearm (NO AMMO in the same room) practice your "draw stroke"...

Practice "clearing" a malfunction...Reloading.

Above all, PRACTICE making the FIRST SHOT COUNT!

Hope this helps.

Later, Mark

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "
    Practice Practice Practice know your weapon.
    Ftf drills fte drills drop mag clear reload.
    No matter what you carry spare magazines. Period.
    If you carry 45 that shit is heavy. 9 I don't know about. I carry 45 3 spare mag.
    But I accept the weight. But like 99% here said your not here for a extended battle.
    Imho it's for escape.
    But if it jams etc you got to know what to do.

Carrying is serious business and now you have to ask yourself are you truly ready to take someone's life...??? You must reconcile yourself with this Period. Because if you are not don't carry.

The ramifications of this world change your life forever.
    P.s the law is important but thought is paramount
    "ask yourself are you truly ready to take someone's life"

This is of profound importance, as if you aren't, your weapon could be used against you. No reasonable person ants to shoot or kill another Human. But if it comes to "life or death", "him or me", we may have to take drastic action. that said, very few of us will ever have to actually make that decision. I have stopped several criminals over the years by standing firm and loudly saying "Don't make me draw my weapon!" leVieux

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    "

"ask yourself are you truly ready to take someone's life"

This is of profound importance, as if you aren't, your weapon could be used against you. No reasonable person ants to shoot or kill another Human. But if it comes to "life or death", "him or me", we may have to take drastic action. that said, very few of us will ever have to actually make that decision. I have stopped several criminals over the years by standing firm and loudly saying "Don't make me draw my weapon!" leVieux
    I'm ready to save the lives of my family or my own life. Everything else is secondary to that. I'll deal with the consequences after the bad situation has ended.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Plan is to get a Kahr when I can afford it.
    I realize my comment can come off as elitist. My intent is truly helping you out as best I can. Best I can meaning: Others in this thread know more than I do about tactics and use. What I know very well is manufacturing. Keltec produces range toys. If money is an issue and you’re familiar with Dallas, Palmer area, I’ll direct you to some good pricing or help you hunt for a good deal on something quality.

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    I realize my comment can come off as elitist. My intent is truly helping you out as best I can. Best I can meaning: Others in this thread know more than I do about tactics and use. What I know very well is manufacturing. Keltec produces range toys. If money is an issue and you’re familiar with Dallas, Palmer area, I’ll direct you to some good pricing or help you hunt for a good deal on something quality.
    No, I agree that the Kel-Tec is a B grade option, but I got it for free and it shot well so far, so it will do as a temporary solution. It's a good recommendation to get the best you can afford when we're talking self defense.

Really have my eye on a Kahr CM9 not just because they're affordable, but because they just feel great and have a good reputation. I handled a used one at a Cabela's and really liked the feel of it, but they wanted almost as much as a new one would cost me. On one hand, it might already be broken in, but on the other hand, you might end up getting something that Bubba has taken a Dremel to. I'd rather buy new and shoot it to break it in myself.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    No, I agree that the Kel-Tec is a B grade option, but I got it for free and it shot well so far, so it will do as a temporary solution. It's a good recommendation to get the best you can afford when we're talking self defense.

Really have my eye on a Kahr CM9 not just because they're affordable, but because they just feel great and have a good reputation. I handled a used one at a Cabela's and really liked the feel of it, but they wanted almost as much as a new one would cost me. On one hand, it might already be broken in, but on the other hand, you might end up getting something that Bubba has taken a Dremel to. I'd rather buy new and shoot it to break it in myself.
    What sources are you using to search for a gun and what’s your ideal price range? I love helping people find guns.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    What sources are you using to search for a gun and what’s your ideal price range? I love helping people find guns.
    Jes' what TGT needs..............

Another ENABLER!

You Sir...have been awarded One Enabler Point... :roflsmile:

In a bit....this will be the SKS safe...

1632967046204.png

:roflsmile:

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    Haha same, any time someone comes to me like "I'm looking for a guitar/good whiskey/etc. What should I get?" I tell them they've come to the right place. Because of course, my opinion is always the correct one. (sarcasm) And then I won't shut up and they get way more information than they ever would have wanted on the subject.

Well ideally I'd carry a CZ-75 BD on my hip, but I am really not interested in open carry in public because of the attention it draws. I always try to blend in wherever I go and that would have the opposite effect.

I've been researching on and off for years for good options. Well, I definitely gravitate towards 9mm because I like the faster follow up shots. I want something simple, slim and snag-free, no manual safety or decocker to mess with, and one that I can carry one in the chamber, which makes me lean towards DAOs. Reputation for reliability with JHPs is a priority. Want to end up spending less than a grand probably, because you can get a pretty nice pistol without paying more than that. Less money would be great, but I'd save up to pay more for quality if I need to.

So you can kind of see why I gravitate towards the CM9 CW9. There's the PM9 PW9, but the differences mostly seem to be superficial.

Edit: Meant the CW9, not the CM9. The CM9 is a little too small. Definitely want a full grip, it makes a tremendous difference.

Last edited:

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    ...If nothing else I still have plenty of handguns some I’d trade for a commie gun. I like where this is going.
    I can see myself maybe letting go of one of my 91/30s or my 24/47, but I dunno. I was really looking forward to hunting with the Mauser as a "brush" gun. It's so accurate that nobody believes me when I tell them how accurate it is.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the term "brush gun" to be an iron sighted rifle used for closer range hunting. Just googled it and that's not exactly what it means but oh well.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I can see myself maybe letting go of one of my 91/30s or my 24/47, but I dunno. I was really looking forward to hunting with the Mauser as a "brush" gun. It's so accurate that nobody believes me when I tell them how accurate it is.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the term "brush gun" to be an iron sighted rifle used for closer range hunting. Just googled it and that's not exactly what it means but oh well.
    Your 24/47 in good shape? I regret getting rid of one.

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    Your 24/47 in good shape? I regret getting rid of one.
    It's in pretty damn good shape, not sure if it was arsenal refinished or just unissued. Rich bluing and an almost pristine walnut(?) stock on it. Rifling is bright, shiny, and sharp, crown is great. Only defect that I can remember is a repaired split near the receiver tang.
    It headspaces a little on the tight side, can require a bit of force to chamber a cartridge sometimes but not an issue if I work the bolt with authority. But the action locks up tighter than a nun's butthole and I swear I've gotten sub MOA groups with PPU 196gr.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It's in pretty damn good shape, not sure if it was arsenal refinished or just unissued. Rich bluing and an almost pristine walnut(?) stock on it. Rifling is bright, shiny, and sharp, crown is great. Only defect that I can remember is a repaired split near the receiver tang.
    It headspaces a little on the tight side, can require a bit of force to chamber a cartridge sometimes but not an issue if I work the bolt with authority. But the action locks up tighter than a nun's butthole and I swear I've gotten sub MOA groups with PPU 196gr.
    Sounds right. Those tangs man. The one I had I repaired. Is it a full split that was repaired?

Top Bottom