• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    After years of faithful service from my Ranger 500 midsize I decided it should have some company. Picked up a ‘24 RZR 1000 XP Sport.

Definitely a night a day difference. Double the weight but drives much lighter with the power steering. And running around the tank, on and off the dam, etc it’s much more stable. No interest in a turbo for me since I’ll never it the top speed anyways.

Ordered a roof and windshield at wife’s request. Will either swap the winch from the Ranger or get another, undecided. Could use a set of mirrors, visibility is pretty low on either side. Haven’t decided on a light bar yet, but pretty sure it will at least get some backup lights installed. And considering a set of fenders. This thing loves to throw mud in to the cab. Windshield and roof with help some with that. Probably go to Polaris for them if I do, most of the aftermarket options look like shit.

And may rig up some kind of screen over the bumper to help protect the radiator from rocks and gravel. Haven’t heard of any issues, but feel like it’s pretty exposed.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpeg
      IMG_0391.jpeg
      469.4 KB · Views: 45
    • IMG_0394.jpeg
      IMG_0394.jpeg
      690.5 KB · Views: 46
    • IMG_0428.jpeg
      IMG_0428.jpeg
      628.4 KB · Views: 44
    • IMG_0443.jpeg
      IMG_0443.jpeg
      393.1 KB · Views: 49

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    After years of faithful service from my Ranger 500 midsize I decided it should have some company. Picked up a ‘24 RZR 1000 XP Sport.

. Could use a set of mirrors, visibility is pretty low on either side.
    Sweet ride! But "what's behind me is not important" :cool:

Raul Julia 1976

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sweet ride! But "what's behind me is not important" :cool:

Raul Julia 1976

Ha, Intold my wife last night I was thinking about holding off on mirrors because “we don’t need to worry about the past. It’s the future that matters”

She said “what about the table you backed over yesterday”

Told her it was in the past and not to worry about it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Waiting for report from the off road park.......
    Probably looking at October before we can make another trip. August is booked up. September isn’t looking much better.

Plenty of time for a good break in and cooler weather. Maybe even some rain to spice things up! There’s a mud hole out there that I need to teach a lesson after what it did to the Danger Ranger.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yup that's a sweet ride. My buddy has a RZR 900 and it's been a good machine for him. Of course he lifted his with portals and threw some terminators on it. It's a mud slinger. Careful on those turns at speed. They can get a bit tippy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup that's a sweet ride. My buddy has a RZR 900 and it's been a good machine for him. Of course he lifted his with portals and threw some terminators on it. It's a mud slinger. Careful on those turns at speed. They can get a bit tippy.

I’m not much of a speed demon so probably won’t be a problem. And enjoy playing much more than fixing.

Still, considering 4 point harnesses just in case. Nobody ever does anything expecting to flip over.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Got my roof installed. Went with a $150 chinesium model. About 5 different Amazon listings for the exact same product at different prices. It’s made in 3 pieces, probably for easier shipping. Ended up going to the hardware store and replacing about $15 worth of screws with better quality stuff. No rattle and keeps the sun off so I’m ok. I little more rigidity would be nice, but would require several hundred dollars more.
    IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

Went with a Seizmic vented and hard coated poly windshield with tooled install/removal. Should be here by 8/5. Was to get it installed before I order any mounting hardware for lights to make sure it won’t be in the way.

Took it down to the tank afterwards and caught an underfed bass. Tried to restock the tank with feeders in the spring but the fish truck kept cancelling on us.

IMG_0456.jpeg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hating FB more lately. Trying to find groups that can answer little questions, know of different riding areas, etc. they all move to FB. And then the groups turn in to nothing but B/S/T with half the posts being commercial listings.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Someone out here where I live mentioned a stereo for my Pioneer, so I could ride around drunk in the wee hours of the morning like the weekends do. I thought I could use it with game calling Apps on my phone. Then I priced them and really thought WTF!!.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Someone out here where I live mentioned a stereo for my Pioneer, so I could ride around drunk in the wee hours of the morning like the weekends do. I thought I could use it with game calling Apps on my phone. Then I priced them and really thought WTF!!.

I’m just gonna mount this bad boy in the roof.

IMG_0550.jpeg

Not in a rush though. Wouldn’t ever listen to anything loud enough to drown out the engine while driving. Mostly just for playing music while I fish or shoot.

Then again, could probably get a small call box cheaper than a radio and lower priced speakers setup, and get better sound out of it. (As long as you don’t try to use it for actual music)

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I had a long-travel Rhino with a built motor back in the day. Made 52 hp.

Then the RZR 800 two-seaters came out and they were like rocket ships in comparison.

The simplest audio system I’ve seen didn’t even have a head unit. Just an amp driven by a phone with a lightning-to-RCA cable directly to the amp’s inputs. Phone volume essentially controlled gain to the amp

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Got lights installed this weekend. 32” bar on the front. 2 6.5” bars on the back. Lighted mirrors with blinkers, more of a short range flood with some lights that shine off the bottom giving a little light to the front tires. They’ll be mostly useless, lol. But my wife liked them.

IMG_0628.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

Top Bottom