Questions a bout Sig556

seaninftw

Jan 5, 2021
I just got a seemingly great price on a ‘used’ Sig 556 patrol for $850. I got it home, and it still has shipping grease in it, so it’s never been fired. So on the surface, it seems I got pre-pandemic used pricing. It’s manufacture date is 4/2010. I know there were some issues with accuracy with earlier rifles, but this one seems to be the updated version. If anyone had a better idea if I’m going to have some issues? I’be dug through YouTube, and almost all the issues seem to be with the 7.62x39 caliber rifle. Any extra info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

seaninftw

Jan 5, 2021
Thanks for the welcome!
I have a smalll amount of history. Sig manufactured this rifle for the Swiss Army in Europe. If you can find one of those, they are excellent all around. When Sig Sauer USA began bringing them here, they cheapened them up with plastic fore grips and a few other mods. The very first generation of sig sauer USA rifles had some QC and accuracy issues. At some point, really close to when my rifle was made, they corrected a lot of the issues, as well as changing the company name to SigUS. I’m just trying to figure out if anyone Can confirm if I have a newer gen one.

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Thanks for the welcome!
I have a smalll amount of history. Sig manufactured this rifle for the Swiss Army in Europe. If you can find one of those, they are excellent all around. When Sig Sauer USA began bringing them here, they cheapened them up with plastic fore grips and a few other mods. The very first generation of sig sauer USA rifles had some QC and accuracy issues. At some point, really close to when my rifle was made, they corrected a lot of the issues, as well as changing the company name to SigUS. I’m just trying to figure out if anyone Can confirm if I have a newer gen one.
Just wondering, could you contact SigUS and supply them with the serial number and maybe they could give you the information you are looking for?

Coyote9

Jan 13, 2020
Granbury Texas
I just got a seemingly great price on a ‘used’ Sig 556 patrol for $850. I got it home, and it still has shipping grease in it, so it’s never been fired. So on the surface, it seems I got pre-pandemic used pricing. It’s manufacture date is 4/2010. I know there were some issues with accuracy with earlier rifles, but this one seems to be the updated version. If anyone had a better idea if I’m going to have some issues? I’be dug through YouTube, and almost all the issues seem to be with the 7.62x39 caliber rifle. Any extra info would be greatly appreciated.
I had a Sig 556 16" with longer gas tube and had no issues with accuracy out to 200 yards Looks like you need an eye patch what with being a pirate and all! nice treasure!

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Sure. For $50. They make great stuff, but I’m not gonna pay $50 for the privilege of them telling me about what They got a lot of money for in the first place.
I didn't know that. Yeah, I can understand your reluctance, as I would do the same.

Maybe, someone here can answer your questions and save you the $50.

Top Bottom