Join TexasGunTalk

Problems with Houston Shooting Ranges

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by wegriffin8642, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yep, those are all rapid fire, new shooter, and poor trigger control holes.

Our 100-Yard range is covered in bullet strikes. Granted, beyond 40 yards, the pistol rounds have a habit of skipping into the ceiling.

2. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You sure it isn't they, "where is the safety on my brand new Glock?. . . .I mean, I don't remember how many rounds I loaded into this thing. Maybe if I tilt the gun up to have a better loBOOM!!!! . . . shit. . . . . ok, I had at least one left. . . ."

3. GlockontheRocks

GlockontheRocks Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    My 13 year old son, was pointing out all the bullet holes just 2 feet or less in front of us in the ceiling. We are by far not the best shots out there, but my boy can keep my Glock 23 on target on a B27 out to 10 yards. A guy in the next lane shot the target holder off the return cable as we were reloading. During his session, he must have hit the ceiling 5 to 7 times. I am glad that there are many new shooters and owners in this sport. Proper gun handling should be a priority to learn.

4. c0rey

c0rey New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    houston

Sportsman Shooting Center

5. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I tried going there a couple of weeks ago. The sign said they opened at 10 on saturdays, but I got tired of waiting at 10:15. Do you know if they're still in business?

6. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Yes they are still in business. I just called them this past Sunday. I think they usually close at 7:00pm, but the guy who answered said, he was leaving at 5:00pm. I like this place because it's close to my house and i've never had any problems there.

7. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Hmm well they are the closest range to me. I didn't even know about them till this month.

8. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've only known about them for about 5 years. A friend from Friendswood told me about them.

9. c0rey

c0rey New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    houston
    this is also the closest place to my house and i have been there quite a few times and never had a problem or seen anything abnormal

10. IXLR8

IXLR8 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I go to American Shooting Center quite a bit. They have a lot of people, most of them just bought a new gun and are trying it for the first time. The range officers are always helpful, and err on the side of safety. No double taps, no rapid fire, thats the rule. I say, no problem! With 50 stations, it is too much range for people to be rapid firing anyway.

You know where to go to do the type of shooting you like to do. Don't expect every place to cater to your needs. Safety is the overriding concern at all of these places, because the amount of idiots exceeds the responsible shooters by a wide margin. If you witnessed the amount of rampant stupidity these guys see daily, you would become calloused too. Unfortunately there is no reliable barometer to gauge who is responsible and who is not. Because of that, everyone must be treated harshly. Sometimes mistakes are made, it is the nature of dealing with potentially deadly weapons.