• Total voters

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wow you are some heartless people. I feel sad for you.
    Heartless? I understand that you may feel better by strictly following mandated or recommended rules, but Texas so far has had 517 deaths from COVID-19. Compare that to 2018/2019 flu season deaths from influenza and pneumonia in Texas at over 10,000, I find COVID-19 to be not quite the killer it's made out to be. Now I'm not suggesting people should ignore this pandemic, but I do believe that there are those taking advantage of the hysteria.

As far as masks go, remember, unless a mask is specifically made to keep out pathogens (with a positive seal), you are only helping to protect others from yourself.
    Lynx Defense

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    No, and I have no plans to.

I'm pretty sure I already got the damn virus back at the end of January - I got REAL sick, all my symptoms checked the boxes. This was right after the COVID thing started blowing up, and there were no tests being done in Oregon. As far as I know, they don't have a reliable antibody test at this point either, so I can only assume. I've got friends and acquaintances within local government who have told me they're all assuming that if you have or had flu-like symptoms this year, it was more likely than not COVID19. I was sick for two weeks, then I got better. My son, who was 8 at the time, got sick at the same time. Some of his friends were sick with similar symptoms around the same time.

Beside that - masks are only a part of the overall protective effort required to *minimize* risk of infection or contamination. They're worn in hospital settings as much to prevent staff from spreading viruses and bacteria to patients as to protect the generally healthy staff from whatever the patients may have. To be properly "protected" one would need to be wearing gloves, goggles, plastic outer clothing, and be frquently changing out of the PPE.

Most people are not wearing the masks properly, or wearing the wrong masks to begin with. A lot of the masked scoundrels I'm seeing on our streets are only wearing masks, they're not wearing gloves.

Those wearing gloves are wearing the same damn pair everywhere they go - they're just contaminating everything they contact with their gloves.

Almost no one is wearing goggles - and for a virus that's said to be able to infect you via entering your eyes, masks and gloves won't stop you from getting sick if it comes thru your eyeballs.

Even fewer people are strolling around in trash bags, shower curtains, or honest to god hazmat suits. Our local fire and EMS people are, and its a bit trippy to see them on a callout in full space suit attire and SCBA. You know who are not wearing that shit? The police. I haven't even seen them wearing any sort of masks, and the only time I've seen them lately wearing gloves is when they'd normally wear gloves - meaning when they're going hands on for a search or arrest of someone who is "icky."

I think the whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion, and if you're not in a high density urban area, if you don't have a pre-existing condition that could lead to complications, and you aren't in the septuagenarian or older crowd you're probably going to be OK.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I had this crap back in January. It sucked - I had a lot of fevers, body ached like I'd gone five rounds with Jon Jones, and it drug out - like I said I was down for about two weeks before I felt healthy enough and safe enough (I do a lot of driving for my business) to return to work. I never felt like I was gonna die, never had respiratory issues. I'm middle aged and overweight, for what that's worth.

AAA has been pushing us to wear masks, but I have no intention or desire to. If you want to wear a mask, rock on, just don't expect me to unless I feel there's a real reason to.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I’ve been wearing this when I visit customers in the People’s Republic of Dallas. My wife bought it from Amazon and it’s machine washable. I only wear it because my customers stores require it.

5e21471827857f46519c875524d66b3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 5e21471827857f46519c875524d66b3e.jpg
      5e21471827857f46519c875524d66b3e.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 488

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Have heard the Dallas County commissioners are challenging Judge Jenkins on his wanting to extend the shelter in place to 5/15. Other liberal led states are wanting to extend to 5/30.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    My company wants employees to wear them in the parking lot from their car into the building, in addition to while at work. Some policies I don’t like and have to enforce, this one just really irritates me. Good thing I have a different parking lot than my employees so I don’t see most of the hourly folks in the parking lots.

Supposed to wear them while on break too. They put away all the tables and chairs in the lunchrooms two weeks ago so everyone has to eat outside or in their cars.

Now you have to wear a face mask while standing outside eating a snack on break?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Wow you are some heartless people. I feel sad for you.
    Not really. Just practical. And realistic. All indications are that the vast majority of people will be unaffected by this except us older folks with pre-existing conditions, of which I am one. But the worst panicing are those least likely to be affected. Or those most likely to get more power, authority or money out of it.
    Seems kind of backwards don't it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom