Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    1000022714.jpg

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    You seem to have a rather inaccurate perspective on BoD member comp packages. I mean sure, I'd take a $16B+/year package but given that BoD is selected by shareholders I think they'd have an issue with paying out more than Apple's annual profit in total board comp.

If you want to know what real numbers are it doesn't fit your internal narrative as well. A typical board seat is around a modest 9-5 salary, somewhere in the $50k-100k range but varies a lot depending on the specific company you're serving on the board of. If you're on a large publicly traded company that can be several hundred thousand a year up to high six figures, again depends a lot on the specifics. Nobody in these situations is becoming a billionaire purely from their board position comp. However, many board members hold large share positions in the company on whose board they serve so good leadership (or at least good direction with respect to valuation) can result in much larger returns due to the stock price increasing; but then that benefits all of the stockholders regardless of being board members - it is not specific to serving on the board.

tl;dr the comp packages are definitely nice given the limited time commitment to most board positions but aren't measured in billions. Perhaps you're confusing board members with high profile C-suite executives? That's still very rare but at least has happened at least once (although an activist judge in Delaware then threw out the pay package after the fact).

Yeah, I know, this isn't a funny.
    But being on multiple boards only meeting a few times a year adds up.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Hated that movie.
    Really? I have it recorded and watched bits and pieces at first then the full thing many times including today. I'm amazed each time at the superb acting and dialogue from each actor, especially Tom Cruise and Nicholson. It seems each actor in the movie fit like a pocket on a shirt. It is a really well put together movie.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I have a few friends who refuse to like or partake of anything particular Hollywood people support, regardless of their talent with movies. To me that is very childish and definition of being a stuffed shirt.

Yonse

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Minnesota
    We'll have to disagree on this.

If you don't like it, then that's your opinion and I respect it. Not everyone will like the same things. I am curious what you didn't like about it though. On a personal note I will say that probably half of my favorite movies from the last decade were foreign films. That would not have been the case during the golden age of Hollywood.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I have a few friends who refuse to like or partake of anything particular Hollywood people support, regardless of their talent with movies. To me that is very childish and definition of being a stuffed shirt.

Yeah he's a pedophile and a communist but man he's awesome at pretending to be someone else!

Sincerely,
    Little Tommy stuffed-shirt

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Really? I have it recorded and watched bits and pieces at first then the full thing many times including today. I'm amazed each time at the superb acting and dialogue from each actor, especially Tom Cruise and Nicholson. It seems each actor in the movie fit like a pocket on a shirt. It is a really well put together movie.

Y'know what? I got it mixed up with that other one where Cruise played the Veitnam vet who turned into an anti-Veitnam protester. A Few Good Men is a quality bit of movie making.

I'm tired.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If you don't like it, then that's your opinion and I respect it. Not everyone will like the same things. I am curious what you didn't like about it though. On a personal note I will say that probably half of my favorite movies from the last decade were foreign films. That would not have been the case during the golden age of Hollywood.

In my tired state, I got it mixed up with another Tom Cruise movie. I actually do like A Few Good Men.

Top Bottom