Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    1708453635511.png

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    So? The ever so poor, born billionaire banksters, insurance scam firms, Big Oil, stock broker scammers, car companies etc .....can all get big bail outs!

What would the board members do? If they couldn't vote themselves round after round of $800 Million bonuses each, ever other week?

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    vote themselves round after round of $800 Million bonuses each, ever other week?

You seem to have a rather inaccurate perspective on BoD member comp packages. I mean sure, I'd take a $16B+/year package but given that BoD is selected by shareholders I think they'd have an issue with paying out more than Apple's annual profit in total board comp.

If you want to know what real numbers are it doesn't fit your internal narrative as well. A typical board seat is around a modest 9-5 salary, somewhere in the $50k-100k range but varies a lot depending on the specific company you're serving on the board of. If you're on a large publicly traded company that can be several hundred thousand a year up to high six figures, again depends a lot on the specifics. Nobody in these situations is becoming a billionaire purely from their board position comp. However, many board members hold large share positions in the company on whose board they serve so good leadership (or at least good direction with respect to valuation) can result in much larger returns due to the stock price increasing; but then that benefits all of the stockholders regardless of being board members - it is not specific to serving on the board.

tl;dr the comp packages are definitely nice given the limited time commitment to most board positions but aren't measured in billions. Perhaps you're confusing board members with high profile C-suite executives? That's still very rare but at least has happened at least once (although an activist judge in Delaware then threw out the pay package after the fact).

Yeah, I know, this isn't a funny.

Top Bottom