Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    That'd be the one. I watched the first few minutes. If the real guy the movie was about was that much of a fuckup and an idiot, then I have even less sympathy for him than I started with.
    I was in that movie {born On The Fourth Of July) and spoke with Ron quite a lot. He's confined to a wheel chair and is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

digger

Curmudgeon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    1708564903124.jpeg

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The last I saw it published?

In the "Fortune 500" magazine? (at Dr.'s office...I'm not well heeled)

Guess how many folk constitute the "Board Members" of the top 500 firms in the US?....

TWO HUNDRED!

That club? If'n yinz ain't kin? Yinz ain't in!

Figure each firm has two dozen seats. Times 500? = 12,000 seats (at $150+ million/quarter) Divided by 200 = 600 "seats" for each of the "elites".....That? Is a lot of stealing....
    It is even worse than that. I read an article written by someone who tutored and wrote the papers for the children of the well heeled. The article detailed the progression from the right schools (and connections) into the right jobs with the right people to advance onto those boards. And, best of all from their point of view, they learned to show they could be trusted to vote "correctly" on those boards. Which also gave them influence in the advancement of their own and their friends childrens careers.

The deck is more stacked than many realize.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    The last I saw it published?

In the "Fortune 500" magazine? (at Dr.'s office...I'm not well heeled)

Guess how many folk constitute the "Board Members" of the top 500 firms in the US?....

TWO HUNDRED!

That club? If'n yinz ain't kin? Yinz ain't in!

Figure each firm has two dozen seats. Times 500? = 12,000 seats (at $150+ million/quarter) Divided by 200 = 600 "seats" for each of the "elites".....That? Is a lot of stealing....

You're misremembering those numbers. Of the roughly 5400 board seats in the fortune 500 at the time of that article's writing 30% of them were held by 746 people. The author of that article was trying to push a DEI agenda and was lamenting the lack of BIPOC women on boards so was trying to quote an "alarming" statistic to make her point but if you do the math, 30% of 5400 is 1620 seats. Divide that by 746 and you find that this "exclusive cohort" (her words) averages just over 2 seats (2.1) each. So in other words, ~16% of people sitting on fortune 500 boards sit on two different boards. I'll alert the illuminati that they've been found out.

You're still off by a few orders of magnitude on compensation too. If you're lucky a F500 board will get you about $150k/quarter (more commonly less than half that) not $150M. Still not a bad gig if you can get it but no one is becoming a billionaire based upon their compensation for serving on the board. Further, many board seats are held by significant investors in the company or their proxy; if you're Susan Wagner of BlackRock you really don't give a shit about the annual compensation package from sitting on Apple's board, you care about shepherding the company so you continue to see returns on the position BlackRock holds.

blah blah blah, back to funny pictures...

1708608861777.png

Top Bottom