• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Read my OP again. You will see you are misunderstanding. It's an opinion. As with many Texas other person opinions are just 'foolish' .

Good guess about being well received. Only issues with people are on the TX boards actually. People like you.
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You don't know me so you are making some pretty big assumptions. You also seem to be having experienced not shared by other Texas transplants on the board.

Once again, it appears you are the common denominator, not Texans.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My point is you need to chill out. I am contributing and seem to be getting some good feedback to my thoughts. OK. You said it. Thank you. Yes. Once they try to forcefully enter your home you can shoot them. No problem. Finally.

Say what?

from the legal code: "the actor reasonably believes the conduct is immediately necessary to avoid imminent harm"

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    You don't know me so you are making some pretty big assumptions. You also seem to be having experienced not shared by other Texas transplants on the board.

Once again, it appears you are the common denominator, not Texans.
    Fair enough. Probably right.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Read my OP again. You will see you are misunderstanding. It's an opinion. As with many Texas other person opinions are just 'foolish' .

Good guess about being well received. Only issues with people are on the TX boards actually. People like you.

Go to Hicksville. Problem solved.

Texas Gun Talk does not equal Texas/Texans. Your limited experience does not equal the "majority".

Little Elm...that is North of Dallas. Is that area just full of jerks or?

Texans do have some big personalities. That is a true stereotype. I haven't found that to be a bad thing.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Say what?

from the legal code: "the actor reasonably believes the conduct is immediately necessary to avoid imminent harm"

Research please. Ask some others on this thread or site. You probably won't take my word for it and I am not going to do a bunch of copy and pasting.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And yea, we get a little ornery when someone walks in the door and starts throwing insults at us.

You are just trolling now, looking to prod until you can get someone to push back so you can claim it's more of that rudeness that seems to permeate us Texans. Pretty sad, and sad that you have completely derailed a thread where someone was getting advice.

Almost as sad as your advice not to ask for any advice or go with any one to the range. How less helpful could you have been. You put the chip on your shoulder ahead of his need. Classy.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Research please. Ask some others on this thread or site. You probably won't take my word for it and I am not going to do a bunch of copy and pasting.

Ha, ask others?

I quoted the legal code. No I won't take your word for it, or anyone else's word for it. So, no you don't need to do any copying and pasting.

Black Rufus, let's have a fresh start.

What are your shooting interests?

Pisols? Rifles? Shotguns?

You into hunting?

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I lived in CA last. You do group Californians into one big criminal liberal group of thugs.

Look around, there are several threads (mainly during election time) where we point out how the majority of California (land wise) is a red state. When talking about California, we do bash the blue voting liberals, but feel sorry for the red voters that are unable to leave the state. Seems like the original comment you received about leaving any blue voting at the door really gave you a bad first impression on this board. We are grown men, (and women) and rib each other quite a bit...read ANY thread...it happens, and it's all in good fun. Just because you are new, doesn't excuse you from it. Thick skin and common sense helps. There are PLENTY of jackasses at ranges, and there are plenty that are as you described, however, when you say "Make your assumptions about Californians. Your opinions only reflect poorly on this state and it's citizens. All assumptions are dangerous, including this one." at the end of a post where you are making blanket assumptions about a LARGE group of people based on a few unpleasant experiences, you are contradicting yourself. I don't think you're trolling (trolls usually keep their posts short), but just had some bad experiences. You moved here, and sounds like you have to stay here for a while, so instead of complaining about everything, focus on the good, and learn to be happy instead of miserable.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I lived in CA last. You do group Californians into one big criminal liberal group of thugs.

I do??? I better call my sister in California and make sure that the family knows I can no longer call them family due to their illegal activities. After all.........they are Californians now.

Somebody hurt you bad didn't they? Hope it gets better for y'all............really, I do.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Look around, there are several threads (mainly during election time) where we point out how the majority of California (land wise) is a red state. When talking about California, we do bash the blue voting liberals, but feel sorry for the red voters that are unable to leave the state. Seems like the original comment you received about leaving any blue voting at the door really gave you a bad first impression on this board.

We are grown men, (and women) and rib each other quite a bit...read ANY thread...it happens, and it's all in good fun. Just because you are new, doesn't excuse you from it. Thick skin and common sense helps. There are PLENTY of jackasses at ranges, and there are plenty that are as you described, however, when you say "Make your assumptions about Californians. Your opinions only reflect poorly on this state and it's citizens. All assumptions are dangerous, including this one." at the end of a post where you are making blanket assumptions about a LARGE group of people based on a few unpleasant experiences, you are contradicting yourself.

I don't think you're trolling (trolls usually keep their posts short), but just had some bad experiences. You moved here, and sounds like you have to stay here for a while, so instead of complaining about everything, focus on the good, and learn to be happy instead of miserable.

Edited for paragraphs

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    And yea, we get a little ornery when someone walks in the door and starts throwing insults at us.

You are just trolling now, looking to prod until you can get someone to push back so you can claim it's more of that rudeness that seems to permeate us Texans. Pretty sad, and sad that you have completely derailed a thread where someone was getting advice.

Almost as sad as your advice not to ask for any advice or go with any one to the range. How less helpful could you have been. You put the chip on your shoulder ahead of his need. Classy.

I walked in the door and was slammed. Didn't like it. I want offering truthful advice from personal experience. If I am seen as a troll in will stop. Most forums would see this as a back and forth conversation. If I said, blah blah jerks and left then that is a troll. I'll stop. You guys understand me whether you can see any truth in my opinion or not.

I love when people call someone else classy as an insult. To stoop; now hey, that's classy..

I wont troll. Sorry. Just opinions. Some of you guys seemed a lot nicer than those I have dealt with. To those of you I apologize.

An easy response would have been along the lines of:

Sucks you don't like it here. Probably not the place for you to settle if you feel this way. Or maybe you'll meet someone who will change your views. Anyhow, thanks for at least having concern for our rights. Take care.

Have fun Shooting. Good luck to all.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    I do??? I better call my sister in California and make sure that the family knows I can no longer call them family due to their illegal activities. After all.........they are Californians now.

Somebody hurt you bad didn't they? Hope it gets better for y'all............really, I do.

Thanks. I hope so too. Yeah it's frustrating being passionate about a cause and thoroughly enjoy a sport and having a appreciation for Firearms only to be talked to like an idiot by people you think you would be supportive.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Any easy first post in this thread would have been "hey, I got some free time and happy to go to the range with you", but you decided to take a different route and got results that matched.

Top Bottom