• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    This is Texas. You will be looked down upon. You will be ridiculed. I have shot for 40 years in 10 or so States and haven't ever seen a gun community as negative as the Texas gun community. They won't help. They will tell you everything is wrong. It's their way or 'get out of the state' . There is no comradery among fellow shooters. The gun culture in this state reinforces the polarity in our country and the negativity between shooters does more to hurt our fight for freedom than it does to help.

I introduce myself and first response I get is 'leave your blue votes at the border' . Well I'm red as hell and for that to be the first response shows a general pompous attitude that no one is good enough to shoot in Texas (do you think I'd move my family to TX is I was a Democrat?) , It's nothing less than a strict code of prejudisim. And hey, IF I did vote blue that response surely wouldn't help my view on Firearms and the general community.

I've gone back to my old message boards throughout the county and the consensus is this: Texas is thought to be a good place for shooters and is active in the war on our rights. And state to state everyone agrees that Texas is far from a responsible gun state and has the most divided and most condescending gun community. Last state I lived was CA. (immediately I can hear you saying, go back to CA) . In CA the shooting community is a good group of people from across the entire state. It doesn't matter what you vote; it doesn't even come up because we are there to shoot, to improve, to talk guns and news and laws and more organized events that welcome EVERYONE. Firearms should be appreciated as precision machines with a history of incredible engineering and ingenious design feats. The rights are acknowledged and appreciated in CA and many many other states. Here they are taken for granted.

A Texan says to me: I drive around on my motorcycle and any pit bull I see I just shoot em. - I hope he doesn't do that (even though I don't like the pitbull breed) . Such an irresponsible post on a message board. But the other Texans loved it. Normal states would wonder what is wrong with the guy. He's a trigger happy clown who probably should not have access to Firearms.

Another guy says he drives around with his underfolder in his car. This is the most irresponsible thing I have heard. Just a VERY trigger-happy Texan.

Another guy and I just talked about the castle doctrine, which there is no such thing in Texas. He couldn't be told he was wrong despite me linking him directly to the states website. He said 'on my property I can shoot anyone' . This is THE TEXAS ATTITUDE. It's not true and the Texas version of the doctrine is almost identical to those of every other state. If a pedophile has their nose pressed up against your daughters window, we'll guess what, you CAN NOT LEGALLY SHOOT THEM. For some reason this is impossible for Texas to comprehend their own laws. Everything is taken for granted. I can't blame the officer who recently made news in Texas for saying he doesn't give a crap about an individual's perceived constitutional rights. Can't blame him one bit.

You all have your minds made up about me now. I will continue the fight FOR YOUR RIGHTS. You all feel I should just go back to CA. Would if I could. But you texans better not think the 'out of state invasion' is over. It's just getting started. And you better get used to it. Same with LE. Know how to assimilate, accept, and appreciate? Learn because you will indeed be the ones struggling to assimilate once you realize the disservice you do for our country and gun owners everywhere. Go on and continue to disgrace the other states in our country. Make your assumptions about Californians. Your opinions only reflect poorly on this state and it's citizens.

All assumptions are dangerous, including this one.

If you read this far I am really proud of you. Most probably read 2 words and either got lost, felt insulted or just pained from the truth. This state could make A HUGE difference in this country. A positive one. Imagine that, fellas.

I wish you would all drop the attitudes. Get with the times. Treat law-abiding guns owners as people you respect or at least are standing on the front lines fighting the same battle as you are. As we all are.

Change, y'all. So much potential in this giant state.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    if it's soooooo bad, why are you here? Honest question. It seems as if you have had some bad experiences, I'm sure we all have. To lump it all together as "the whole State is screwed up" if perty bad. Not sure why ya moved here if you knew it was this terrible. Hope it gets better for you and your family. I love the great state of Texas............always will.

Nice thread hijack.

Last edited:

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    This is Texas. You will be looked down upon. You will be ridiculed. I have shot for 40 years in 10 or so States and haven't ever seen a gun community as negative as the Texas gun community. They won't help. They will tell you everything is wrong. It's their way or 'get out of the state' . There is no comradery among fellow shooters. The gun culture in this state reinforces the polarity in our country and the negativity between shooters does more to hurt our fight for freedom than it does to help.

I introduce myself and first response I get is 'leave your blue votes at the border' . Well I'm red as hell and for that to be the first response shows a general pompous attitude that no one is good enough to shoot in Texas (do you think I'd move my family to TX is I was a Democrat?) , It's nothing less than a strict code of prejudisim. And hey, IF I did vote blue that response surely wouldn't help my view on Firearms and the general community.

I've gone back to my old message boards throughout the county and the consensus is this: Texas is thought to be a good place for shooters and is active in the war on our rights. And state to state everyone agrees that Texas is far from a responsible gun state and has the most divided and most condescending gun community. Last state I lived was CA. (immediately I can hear you saying, go back to CA) . In CA the shooting community is a good group of people from across the entire state. It doesn't matter what you vote; it doesn't even come up because we are there to shoot, to improve, to talk guns and news and laws and more organized events that welcome EVERYONE. Firearms should be appreciated as precision machines with a history of incredible engineering and ingenious design feats. The rights are acknowledged and appreciated in CA and many many other states. Here they are taken for granted.

A Texan says to me: I drive around on my motorcycle and any pit bull I see I just shoot em. - I hope he doesn't do that (even though I don't like the pitbull breed) . Such an irresponsible post on a message board. But the other Texans loved it. Normal states would wonder what is wrong with the guy. He's a trigger happy clown who probably should not have access to Firearms.

Another guy says he drives around with his underfolder in his car. This is the most irresponsible thing I have heard. Just a VERY trigger-happy Texan.

Another guy and I just talked about the castle doctrine, which there is no such thing in Texas. He couldn't be told he was wrong despite me linking him directly to the states website. He said 'on my property I can shoot anyone' . This is THE TEXAS ATTITUDE. It's not true and the Texas version of the doctrine is almost identical to those of every other state. If a pedophile has their nose pressed up against your daughters window, we'll guess what, you CAN NOT LEGALLY SHOOT THEM. For some reason this is impossible for Texas to comprehend their own laws. Everything is taken for granted. I can't blame the officer who recently made news in Texas for saying he doesn't give a crap about an individual's perceived constitutional rights. Can't blame him one bit.

You all have your minds made up about me now. I will continue the fight FOR YOUR RIGHTS. You all feel I should just go back to CA. Would if I could. But you texans better not think the 'out of state invasion' is over. It's just getting started. And you better get used to it. Same with LE. Know how to assimilate, accept, and appreciate? Learn because you will indeed be the ones struggling to assimilate once you realize the disservice you do for our country and gun owners everywhere. Go on and continue to disgrace the other states in our country. Make your assumptions about Californians. Your opinions only reflect poorly on this state and it's citizens.

All assumptions are dangerous, including this one.

If you read this far I am really proud of you. Most probably read 2 words and either got lost, felt insulted or just pained from the truth. This state could make A HUGE difference in this country. A positive one. Imagine that, fellas.

I wish you would all drop the attitudes. Get with the times. Treat law-abiding guns owners as people you respect or at least are standing on the front lines fighting the same battle as you are. As we all are.

Change, y'all. So much potential in this giant state.
    Well Hand, there is a lot of people in Texas and I don't believe you've met enough. Get away from the major city and the attitudes change. Welcome to our great State and please remember that everybody ain't perfect.

Govern wisely and as little as possible~Sam Houston

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    All that ranting about what "we" are doing, and at the end "we" need to change our attitudes?

What a fool. Accusations of crap that I have seen no signs of, throwing us all in to some group he imagines exists, then says we need our attitudes changed.

What a joke. Hell, according to him none of the posts in this thread have happened because this is TEXAS and we don't do those things.

(Phone put TEXAS in all caps, I decided it was ok)

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Black Rufus...most on this site are very civil, kind and generous.

Chill out.

Sorry you had bad experiences in the past at the ranges.

Also, nothing wrong with driving around with an underfolding AK in your car or shooting a child molester attempting to enter your home intent on doing you or yours harm.

Stick around, chill out, contribute and learn.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Well not exactly the first time. I went with a friend once before. But I'll be going solo this time. I'm kind of intimidated. I know gun safety, I've been learning it since I was a kid when I got my first pellet gun. I never treated it like a toy, so a lot of basic gun safety is second nature to me. When I went to the range with my friend that one time I learned pretty much everything else I needed to learn specific to actual firearms. I know how to conduct myself in a range.

It's just this is pretty new to me and I'm not the type to really put myself out there and do new things. They offer a basic training course but I don't feel it's really nessecary. I know pretty much everything they're going to "teach" me. I really wanted someone to go with me, but no one will. I don't know many people and most are anti-gun. So I kinda just have to go on my own.

It's High Noon Indoor Gun Range if it matters. I don't really plan to rent any guns, I recently bought my own and have been familiarizing myself with it. How everything works, how to take it apart, how to clean it. I know most people say to only use good ammo, but for target shooting I basically just bought the cheapest FMJ I could. I bought the gun mostly for self defense and I did not skimp on the ammo for that purpose. I went with Winchester Hollow Point for self defense. But it's not only for self defense, I have always been fascinated with guns.

In the future I definitely plan to expand my collection. View attachment 33218 Probably nothing special but I figured I'd throw in a pic anyways.

If anyone could offer some advice or words of encouragement, It'd be appreciated
    I'd go with you AND DAY. I have guns you would love to shoot. And I am nice, patient, willing to teach and explain. I wont judge you even if in have to correct a safety issue 20 times. I want you to be a better shooter an not feel nervous going to a new range. I'll bring all the ammo. I can really help you. And I would have a great time!!

Anytime, my fellow shooter. Anytime at all. Any questions, any concerns, any clarification on laws please do not hesitate to ask me. I wont judge you. 100 questions about the same thing won't bother me. I can help keep you away from the kill kill kill 'Texas attitude' . I can suggest what you need for certain situations. Things that are effective but not extreme overkill. It's what's comfortable for you. Not what some cowboy thinks will make you look really tough and put a hole in everything 50 yards beyond your target.

Anytime, my friend. anytime at all.

Have fun. Learn. Improve. Shooting is a great challenge and improving is very gratifying. I was nervous going into my first range here event hough I've been to probably close to a 100, after all its Texas. Now when I have to shoot and feeling like flushing my money down the drain I go to ranges and just look at them liken they are clowns. Concentrate on that round coming out of your gun. It can still be fun here.

Anytime.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    All that ranting about what "we" are doing, and at the end "we" need to change our attitudes?

What a fool. Accusations of crap that I have seen no signs of, throwing us all in to some group he imagines exists, then says we need our attitudes changed.

What a joke. Hell, according to him none of the posts in this thread have happened because this is TEXAS and we don't do those things.

(Phone put TEXAS in all caps, I decided it was ok)
    This is a fantastic example. I am a fool to you.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    if it's soooooo bad, why are you here? Honest question. It seems as if you have had some bad experiences, I'm sure we all have. To lump it all together as "the whole State is screwed up" if perty bad. Not sure why ya moved here if you knew it was this terrible. Hope it gets better for you and your family. I love the great state of Texas............always will.

Nice thread hijack.
    Not a high jack. Addressed OP. Nice try.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Well Hand, there is a lot of people in Texas and I don't believe you've met enough. Get away from the major city and the attitudes change. Welcome to our great State and please remember that everybody ain't perfect.

I'm in little elm.

Black_Rufus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Black Rufus...most on this site are very civil, kind and generous.

Chill out.

Sorry you had bad experiences in the past at the ranges.

Also, nothing wrong with driving around with an underfolding AK in your car or shooting a child molester attempting to enter your home intent on doing you or yours harm.

Stick around, chill out, contribute and learn.

My point is you need to chill out. I am contributing and seem to be getting some good feedback to my thoughts. OK. You said it. Thank you. Yes. Once they try to forcefully enter your home you can shoot them. No problem. Finally.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I'd go with you AND DAY. I have guns you would love to shoot. And I am nice, patient, willing to teach and explain. I wont judge you even if in have to correct a safety issue 20 times. I want you to be a better shooter an not feel nervous going to a new range. I'll bring all the ammo. I can really help you. And I would have a great time!!

Anytime, my fellow shooter. Anytime at all. Any questions, any concerns, any clarification on laws please do not hesitate to ask me. I wont judge you. 100 questions about the same thing won't bother me. I can help keep you away from the kill kill kill 'Texas attitude' . I can suggest what you need for certain situations. Things that are effective but not extreme overkill. It's what's comfortable for you. Not what some cowboy thinks will make you look really tough and put a hole in everything 50 yards beyond your target.

Have fun. Learn. Improve. Shooting is a great challenge and improving is very gratifying. I was nervous going into my first range here event hough I've been to probably close to a 100, after all its Texas. Now when I have to shoot and feeling like flushing my money down the drain I go to ranges and just look at them liken they are clowns. Concentrate on that round coming out of your gun. It can still be fun here.

Anytime.
    I have never experienced any one of the things you mentioned in the 4.5 years I have lived here.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett

Anytime.
    What we have hereee, is failure to communicate! Sir, what you are doing is what us backwoods hicks can instinctively precede. Those that come to Texas with the "the way we do things in (insert state of your choice)" attitude. Us Dumbass country folk are wise to y'all BS and we always try to cut it off before it can grow.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This is a fantastic example. I am a fool to you.

Some of your responses are refreshing. Other reinforce my original feeling.

You pop in and insult everyone, then act like the normal reaction to insults substantiates the ridiculous claims.

Yes, that is a foolish thing to do.

I imagine you haven't been too well received with that attitude.

Top Bottom