GOA has said do not comply and they are filing suit

Screenshot from 2023-01-17 14-04-52.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Until the rule hits the Federal Register (and it hasn’t yet) it’s vaporware. Once it does hit, there’s 120 days to make a decision, but enforcement can begin on day 60.

I think by day 59 we will know if there’s been an injunction or not.

Patience is going to be a good thing, because once you launch that F1, one can’t effectively take it back.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    I think my plan is:
    Donate to GOA.
    Wait for a few weeks.
    Then pin and weld a suppressor to make the barrel longer than 16” if this all comes true.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    What are your thoughts on post #368.

You can use the same suppressor on multiple weapons if you SBR it.
    Thank you for asking, I have three thoughts.
    1) I think using the same suppressor on multiple guns is overrated. I have that ability and yet I pretty much only use my 5.56 suppressor on one gun.

2) SBRs without suppressors suck. I suppose the novelty of the loud boom and the fireball is fun for a bit, but that doesn’t last long. For me, committing to an SBR is also committing to a suppressor for as long as I would own that SBR.

3) IMO taking the “free” $200 tax forbearance deal the ATF is offering is losing both in the short run and in the long run. Thinking critically and doing something they don’t expect is winning.

In the end I’d rather spend $1025 to support GOA and get a new suppressor than lay down and comply blindly with the ATF.

For people that don’t have the money, I acknowledge this plan will take awhile to save up for. That’s up to each individual.

I understand if you disagree, no worries, I wasn’t looking for anyone’s endorsement, rather just putting forward an idea I didn’t see represented here.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Slight Tangent: New "Assault Weapons" ban in IL (if it stands) is gonna hit extra hard if this ruling stands. Even if folks are grandfathered in after state registration, IL does not allow the general public to own SBR's and other NFA items like suppressors. No matter which way they go, they lose.

Alls I can say is God Bless, Texas!

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Isn't Chicago the main reason we have the NFA?
    To my mind, the reason wasn't Chicago. It was movies made about gangsters using Thompsons, said movies being incidentally set in Chicago.

I honestly think the NFA resulted from the mass media of the time poisoning the perception of full-auto weapons in the minds of the population, especially legislators.

That explains the full-auto restrictions in the NFA. The short-barreled stuff and the silencers make for a much more convoluted tale.

The way Scalia screwed us over in the Heller decision means that overturning the NFA is a non-starter. But we really, really need a "National Firearms Act Technical Corrections Act" that removes silencers and short barreled weapons (and bump stocks, too) from federal notice in any capacity. If we could tack on some corrections to the travesties of 1986 as well as add a new amnesty (as per the one after the GCA passed), that would be the icing on the cake.

Top Bottom