Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Since the two threads have been merged, just to note again that the BATF has filed an appeal and all previous, affected cases (for the same matter) will be consolidated into one; this is currently scheduled to be heard by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on August 5 in New Orleans.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    The ATF gets another kick in the balls for the brace rule, this time in the 8th Circuit. Released this morning an hour ago:

Hm. This references Mock vs. Garland, which was filed last June, but at a glance it seems to be a completely separate suit; in other words, not an aggregation of the BATFE appeal to the Mock vs. Garland ruling we were expecting to be heard four days ago in the 5th Circuit.

I gotta go do some hunting...

Hm, again. The docket of the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals doesn't show as a pending case anything related to firearms with Garland as defendant (and nothing with any iteration of BATFE as the initialization or spelled out), and it also doesn't show any relevant already-rendered opinion, published or unpublished, between June 15 and today. So I'm missin' something somewhere. Did the BATFE withdraw their appeal? I can't find any reference now to the BATFE appeal that was supposed to be heard by the 5th Circuit.

And now this new suit that includes 25 states as plaintiffs, but Texas didn't join in as one of them. Really? I'm confused...

Last edited:

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Maybe I’ll have “arbitrary and capricious” engraved somewhere on mine…..

IMG_2565.jpeg

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    And now this new suit that includes 25 states as plaintiffs, but Texas didn't join in as one of them. Really? I'm confused...
    Texas was involved in GOA's lawsuit against the brace rule.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Texas was involved in GOA's lawsuit against the brace rule.

Texas is in all of em it seems. The rest of the Union needs to step up.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ….
    Hm, again. The docket of the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals doesn't show as a pending case anything related to firearms with Garland as defendant (and nothing with any iteration of BATFE as the initialization or spelled out), and it also doesn't show any relevant already-rendered opinion, published or unpublished, between June 15 and today. So I'm missin' something somewhere....
    Looking for this?
    598b3022ec641738eea5cf7df54b5698.jpg

It’s an APA case if you’re using PACER. I used simple search Appellate for the court type, Mock for the name.

Top Bottom