• ...and so much more!
  • Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I'll be providing coverage of the shooting events here.
    As Ben said… let‘s keep our complaining here… not in his thread

he doesn’t speak whinese :)

IMG_9062.png

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    As if the opening ceremony couldn't have gotten even stranger, there was this tiny little gaff:

"The International Olympic Committee apologized to South Korea on Saturday after its delegation of athletes were introduced as from rival North Korea at the Paris Olympics opening ceremony."

Yeah. A slight difference between South Korea and North Korea, folks.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    From the Things You Can't Make Up department:

Cook/Bacon Win Silver for the USA's First Medal of the 2024 Olympics

Kassidy Cook and Sarah Bacon took the silver medal in the women's 3-meter synchronized springboard diving event today. This gave the USA its first podium spot in the Paris Olympic Games.

And suddenly I want eggs and a rasher of nicely crisped bacon for lunch...

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The Chinese and the Soviets/Russians have used pro athletes since at least the 70s. The difference was they were paid and housed full time to be Olympic atheletes, so they claimed they were amateurs even though it was their full time job because there wasn't a sports league to play in the rest of the time. It's why TeamUSA got fed up and recruited NBA pros for the basketball team.
    Yeah I was highly suspicious of the East German women’s swim team

IMG_2788.jpeg

BigRed

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    And yet… people keep supporting this crap by still watching….

featuring drag queens and kids… nothing like promoting grooming to the whole world

satan must be proud

Paris Olympics Opening Ceremony Recreates ‘Last Supper’ with Drag Queens & Trans Performers​

Not here.

When all that homo crap started showing up, I turned it off. I'm finished with the Olympics.

It's to the point almost every production features a celebration of the mentally ill lgbtq123xyz clowns.

**** it.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Mashable blog.

Now that's an Olympic effort. The Seine river is swimmable again after a century-long ban. On July 17, Paris’ mayor Anne Hidalgo took a swim in the Seine after a race to clean up the river in time for the 2024 Olympics.

The enormous cleaning effort took several years and cost around $1.5 billion. One of the most monumental changes is a new underground system which is designed to hold rainwater and stop the river from overflowing during storms, preventing the city’s sanitation network from spilling into the Seine.

But did they get the sharks out of the river. I saw it all on Netflix movie 'Under Paris'. They are worse than Bruce in 'Jaws'. (Homage to Spielberg's Lawyer: The decision to name the shark "Bruce" was a tongue-in-cheek homage to Steven Spielberg's lawyer, Bruce Ramer. Spielberg, known for injecting humor and personal touches into his work, playfully named the menacing antagonist after his legal counsel.) :roflfunny: :roflfunny: :peace: :popcorn::flag::laughing::banana:

Attachments

• hero-image-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
      hero-image-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
      285.4 KB · Views: 33

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

The Olympics Opening Ceremony Highlights​

The opening ceremony was underwhelming. Sometimes it was artistically bad. I won't hold that against it. Sometimes artistic chance-taking misses the mark.

But as forgiving as I can be of artistic failure and as tolerant as I am for folks who choose, shall I say, a different lifestyle, I found that the whole forcibly-shove-it-in-our-face-ness of it all put me seriously off my feed.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The opening ceremony was underwhelming. Sometimes it was artistically bad. I won't hold that against it. Sometimes artistic chance-taking misses the mark.

But as forgiving as I can be of artistic failure and as tolerant as I am for folks who choose, shall I say, a different lifestyle, I found that the whole forcibly-shove-it-in-our-face-ness of it all put me seriously off my feed.

<>

BEN et al, the French have committed a humongous faux-pas which will damage their already tenuous world status, kill their tourism, and will be their albatross necklace for years.

I hope they finally learn their lesson.

leVieux

<>

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Has anyone ever watched a non-Olympic version of any Olympic sport?
    LOTS of times. I grew up in New York less than 2 miles from a ski center and used to ski 3 to 5 days a week. From the time I was 10 I was skiiing and got better than anyone in my town (only 2500 people). By the time I was 17 I thought I was hot-shit, since I was better than anyone in my high school.
    Then I went to watch people trying out for the Olympics in Lake Placid, and realized I really sucked compared to them. Big fish in a small pond syndrome. Knocked me down a few pegs and taught me humility.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    I was just so disappointed at USA's blatant cheating in the men's gymnastics. I mean come on:
    StephenNedoroscik.png

We KNOW what Superman looks like wearing glasses. And if you still had doubts, his performance on the pommel horse would have ended them.
    It's not fair for humans of any nationality to have to compete against Khryptonians.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Honestly, they should make IDPA or some form of action shooting an olympic sport instead of just .22 rifles. Maybe have a couple divisions - pistols only and three gun. Men's, women's, and transgenders divisions.
    International shooting is trending the other way. Pretty much everyone expects the pistol sports, then the rifle sports, then the shotgun sports, to eventually transition to laser guns. The technology already exists for pistol and rifle. As for shotgun, it's going to take some major breakthrough to neuter those competitors but the Olympic powers-that-be are pushing in that direction and I feel sure they'll eventually get there...some time long after I'm dead, thank goodness. :)

The pentathletes have already made the switch. They either shoot their old guns converted to lasers or they shoot purpose-built laser target pistols like this:

stredni-zbran_oranzova_02-jpg.235271

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    And yet… people keep supporting this crap by still watching….

featuring drag queens and kids… nothing like promoting grooming to the whole world

satan must be proud

Paris Olympics Opening Ceremony Recreates ‘Last Supper’ with Drag Queens & Trans Performers​

That is beyond fucking sick. I say fire up the Enola Gay for one last run and make a deposit over France.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    International shooting is trending the other way. Pretty much everyone expects the pistol sports, then the rifle sports, then the shotgun sports, to eventually transition to laser guns. The technology already exists for pistol and rifle. As for shotgun, it's going to take some major breakthrough to neuter those competitors but the Olympic powers-that-be are pushing in that direction and I feel sure they'll eventually get there...some time long after I'm dead, thank goodness. :)

The pentathletes have already made the switch. They either shoot their old guns converted to lasers or they shoot purpose-built laser target pistols like this:

stredni-zbran_oranzova_02-jpg.235271

So at least half of the skill is removed - lasers aren't affected by wind. Such bullshit.

Top Bottom