Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Handball, internationally, is obviously something most of you haven't seen. Take a look:

Even if the sport doesn't appeal, overall, to the viewer I would hope everyone can appreciate the occasional bit of showboating.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I only saw what was shown on the 'news' and what I read online about the events.

I did not like the AGENDA that they were pushing/promoting.

I did not like them making fun of the LAST SUPPER.

Even MANY male and female homosexuals did not LIKE or appreciate what the promoters or hosts were doing at the Olympics.

So I am NOT ALONE in my thoughts, remarks, disgust or just speaking this as an Old Lady coming from an old fashioned, religious, conservative side with a libertarian slant!

I used to enjoy and WATCH only a FEW things shown on the boob tube when it came to the Olympics.

I remember it in the 60's and on time wise but NOT in the LAST 20 to 25/30 years (?) even though I was born in 1950.

I LIKED to watch the swimming and diving due to ME being VERY INVOLVED in swimming and even now as an OLDER lady @ 74 years old.

My entire East Coast family was involved with water sports.

My late Mom was an OUTSTANDING and VERY STRONG SWIMMER and a great boater with her late Dad too. Ocean and pool swimming. She was a very good fencer in college too.

Just like the rest of us in my family when it came to ocean and pool swimming.

I liked to watch the swimming and diving the MOST.

I liked to watch some of them ice skate, ski and sled.

I liked to watch some of the shooting.

THIS was a zillion (!) years ago as I said above.

I will not watch it but if someone chooses to watch it that is their choice. FREE will and all.

I was never a sports fanatic but I did enjoy some things as a KID and as an adult.

READING!

Playing library inside of the house and playing detective outside. My Bike was my detective car.

Playing outside! Playing catch or just throwing a ball - having fun!

Roller skates with the key and your sneakers were worn.

Riding a bike.

Walking a LOT and exploring the outdoors.

# 1 for me = the WATER!

SWIM @ the community pool growing up, @ the Y as a KID and as an adult born and raised on the East Coast, as a married lady in Great Lakes after his USN/Nam/Around the World cruises, etc., @ a pool when my parents sold the one house and one was at our home - building, at the ocean or on the bay - East Coast.

MD and NY when we visited my late Mom's tiny family. I moved to MD when I was one year old.

My Mom had me in the water as a BABY. Pool and ocean. I learned how to float and get my head UNDER the water with NO fear.

Dive or jump off of the low and high boards. My older brother taught me this and he was in the deep end of the pool waiting for me to JUMP or DIVE in.

Tennis and Badminton

Baseball

A tiny bit of ice skating and a tiny bit of bowling as a teen and as an adult. Church activities growing up and with my late husband back in his home state.

I don't FOLLOW sports and I never really did follow sports.

I do NOT like football or basketball. Plus some other sports - they were NOT my thing or interested me at all.

NO offense to any person who IS into those things as a participant or watcher.

I loved to dance and I still like to dance on a 'good day'.

I LOATHE RAP, gang music, acid rock, etc.

I was made to take a class by my late Mom in between my Y swimming time. It was called BALLROOM DANCING. Oh yes, a class on conversational French too. It was NOTHING like my Latin at public school, religious school or private school but I did it for a summer. I do NOT remember squat or only a couple of words in French now @ 74 years old.

Do they ever show anything about sail boat or power boat racing on OTA - free tv? I used to be able to see some of this when my late husband was alive. IT was on the boob tube. I have seen some of this off of my computer but nothing on tv shy of some FISHING SHOWS. Some of them are ok to watch but the real deal is better.

I do NOT know if the Olympics had this or if it was some of the other famous races.

We were INTO SWIMMING, sail boats and power boats when he was alive and living in the boonies - Great Lakes region.

Old Lady Cate

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Handball, internationally, is obviously something most of you haven't seen. Take a look:

Even if the sport doesn't appeal, overall, to the viewer I would hope everyone can appreciate the occasional bit of showboating.

Thanks for that, I had no idea. I thought it was racquetball with no raquets. Turns out it's soccer without feet.

We actually watched a few minutes last night. Was rooting for North Korea in table tennis (playing China,and they lost). Archery was very cool. Saw some trap shooting...

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Was handball I remember played in the Northeast? It was pretty popular from where I came. A court against a wall, you hit the "pinky" ball (pink ball made by Spaulding) against the wall. We played all day back then at the park.
    We played with a super pinky ball. we played it against the school walls. We had to bounce the ball be fore it hit the wall. I watched some of the handball last night I thought shoots was going to be on. Up in the 1400 series of channels on xfinity there are some extra Olympic channnels.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    IMG_3665.png

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Why was leah thomas (I don't know his actual name) was barred from swimming in the olympics, but male boxers (pretending to be female) can fight real females...makes no sense.

Another reason I have no interest in the 'woke olympics'.
    Once again, just like the opening ceremony, we have France to blame for that.

"The boxing competition at the Paris Olympics is being organised by the Paris Boxing Unit (PBU), an ad-hoc unit established by the IOC's Executive Board.... The PBU endeavoured to restrict amendments to minimise the impact on athletes' preparation and guaranteeing consistency between Olympic Games."

There seems to be some issue as to whether or not the boxers are actually transgender or have Kleinfelter syndrome (a male who has an extra X chromosome), but I personally don't think it matters. I believe women's sports should be for women. Full stop. No variance.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The participants do have skills but after 2 security oriented tours of olympics, NO interest.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    A highlight from yesterday, Katy Ledecky won the 1500 meter freestyle. She didn't break her previous world record, but she did set a new Olympic record by swimming the 8th fastest time ever. She now, in fact, owns the 20 fastest times in history in that event for a woman.

Pretty incredible. Even Michael Phelps says she's the GOAT. And her first words in an interview after winning that gold medal?

"I'm just so thankful and honored to be able to represent our country."

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If any doubt the 'woke-ness' of the olympics: the olympic committee decided cardboard beds would best for the athletes, plant based-non-food for the athletes, no AC, cuz no AC is good for 'the planet', (many athletes are forgoing the 'village' and seeking real food and accommodations in nearby hotels, and to top it off, the transportation to events for the athletes is constantly late for their events, in other words it's a total cock-up....also, certain 'trannies' can compete, but not others...why ALL trannies aren't barred from competing is a joke i.e. males competing with actual females - WOKE-ness is a total failure!

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    OK, First I've heard of 3X3 Basketball. It's played on a postage stamp sized half-court, and I've yet to see a player who can hit from the free throw line.
    I don't think we'll see LeBron in this.

Basketball.jpg

Top Bottom