• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Yes, I'm watching the Olympics. We record it so we can skip through the stuff we don't care for and commercials. Tonight (Sat. 08/03/2024) they showed a tribute commercial free about WWII vets being welcomed and and thanked for their service. Even young kids are thrilled to meet them. The vets visit a school among other places. The tribute can be found of YouTube. I'll leave a link. Do yourself a favor and watch. Just a warning, you might find your allergies acting up.
    Heros.png

Last edited:

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Is this utter bullsqueeze?
    It's Snopes.com, so yes?

From what I've gleaned of the situation, the headline of the Snopes article is technically correct. There is no indication that I've found to imply that Khelif is transsexual.

However, the "gender fluidity" movement somehow started to bend science and twist terminology. Because Imane Khelif, two decades ago, would have been adjudged a male, plain and simple. Never trans anything or female anything.

The simple biological designation in mammals of male and female depends on one thing: the presence in the somatic cells of a Y chromosome. Structural conditions exist, called aneuploidies, where extra chromosomes--or portions thereof--are present. One example is Down syndrome, which is caused by an extra Chromosome 21, or an extra part thereof.

Klinefelter syndrome--which is what I gather Khelif has--is caused by a male having an extra X chromosome. You can't have a female with an extra Y chromosome because, by definition, that is a male with an extra X, regardless of what the early physical formation of the genitalia might look like. The genetics simply do not lie.

The appearance of individuals with Klinefelter syndrome range across a spectrum. Some appear to be normal males, some appear to be more feminine. But they are biological males. Full stop. I gather that this may be why the amount of testosterone in Khelif's system has either been undisclosed or possibly was tested and found not to be outside ranges that might be considered normal for a not-drug-enhanced female. Neither that nor that Khelif "has lived her entire life as a female" can change the fact that if a Y chromosome is present, Khelif is a biological male.

The Snopes article said:

"There are genetic conditions, termed differences of sexual development, in which biological females are born with XY chromosomes but possess female anatomy, or that affect how a biological female regulates and reacts to testosterone, causing levels typically associated with males."

That is patently false. But by around 2004, the term CAIS--complete androgen insensitivity--started to be used for individuals with Klinefelter syndrome who looked female, underwent what seemed to be a feminizing puberty, and whose testes never dropped; they remain immature and hidden within the groin. But these individuals also do not have ovaries or a uterus and do not menstruate.

Presumably due to DEI and pressure from the LGBTQXZY front, these cases sometimes began to be called "females with a Y chromosome." But, biologically and genetically, they are not and never were female. They are males with an extra X chromosome.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    From what I've gleaned of the situation, the headline of the Snopes article is technically correct. There is no indication that I've found to imply that Khelif is transsexual.

However, the "gender fluidity" movement somehow started to bend science and twist terminology. Because Imane Khelif, two decades ago, would have been adjudged a male, plain and simple. Never trans anything or female anything.

The simple biological designation in mammals of male and female depends on one thing: the presence in the somatic cells of a Y chromosome. Structural conditions exist, called aneuploidies, where extra chromosomes--or portions thereof--are present. One example is Down syndrome, which is caused by an extra Chromosome 21, or an extra part thereof.

Klinefelter syndrome--which is what I gather Khelif has--is caused by a male having an extra X chromosome. You can't have a female with an extra Y chromosome because, by definition, that is a male with an extra X, regardless of what the early physical formation of the genitalia might look like. The genetics simply do not lie.

The appearance of individuals with Klinefelter syndrome range across a spectrum. Some appear to be normal males, some appear to be more feminine. But they are biological males. Full stop. I gather that this may be why the amount of testosterone in Khelif's system has either been undisclosed or possibly was tested and found not to be outside ranges that might be considered normal for a not-drug-enhanced female. Neither that nor that Khelif "has lived her entire life as a female" can change the fact that if a Y chromosome is present, Khelif is a biological male.

The Snopes article said:

That is patently false. But by around 2004, the term CAIS--complete androgen insensitivity--started to be used for individuals with Klinefelter syndrome who looked female, underwent what seemed to be a feminizing puberty, and whose testes never dropped; they remain immature and hidden within the groin. But these individuals also do not have ovaries or a uterus and do not menstruate.

Presumably due to DEI and pressure from the LGBTQXZY front, these cases sometimes began to be called "females with a Y chromosome." But, biologically and genetically, they are not and never were female. They are males with an extra X chromosome.
    Thanks, but WAY more than I ever wanted to know...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Women pole vaulters :cool:
    Even better than Beach Volleyball. The only reason I didn't get track and field tickets and instead got Beach Volleyball tickets at the last Olympics I attended is that during practice I could sit 10 yards away from the Beach Volleyball players. The pole vaulters are always 100 yards away.

But if I'm watching video from someone who could get close? Pole vaulters. Definitely pole vaulters.

Yes, I'm an old perv. But y'all already knew that.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    The wife and I have been watching hurdles. A bunch of those folks are knocking over those hurdles like a tornado in a corn field. Is there a penalty when that happens? I haven't seen anything about it.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    The wife and I have been watching hurdles. A bunch of those folks are knocking over those hurdles like a tornado in a corn field. Is there a penalty when that happens? I haven't seen anything about it.
    Their lost time by hitting the hurdles is the penalty......it just slows them down

Top Bottom