• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldPhart

On Everyone's Ignore List
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    I'll only watch the "run faster-throw further-jump higher" events. Anything that has to be judged has no business being called a sport IMHO.

I do enjoy watching gymnastics, Ice skating, etc for the sheer artistry of it though. But if it requires an opinion instead of a stopwatch or measuring tape it's not a sport.

Last edited:

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I'll definitely be watching select events and athletes. Because America sends some idiots to the games doesn't mean that they all are. And we had despicable ones in past Olympics, too, the ones that make you absolutely cringe that they are representing our country. Remember the disgraceful stunt that hammer thrower Gwen Berry pulled in the 2020 Olympic trials when she turned her back on the National Anthem? Karma got her because Berry didn't even come close to placing in the Tokyo games; don't even think she made it into the event semifinals.

By contrast you have athletes like one of my faves I'll be watching, Sydney McLaughlin. It's almost without argument that, at just 24, she's proven she's the GOAT at her primary event, the 400 meter hurdles. Setting a new world record last month at the trials, that made 4 world records over a period of just 13 months, and she became the first track athlete, male or female, to break four world records in the same event. Just a bit more memorable than disgruntled Gwen Berry!

What does McLaughlin say about her success? "I no longer run for self-recognition, but to reflect [God's] perfect will that is already set in stone. I don’t deserve anything. But by grace, through faith, Jesus has given me everything. Records come and go. The glory of God is eternal."

Another event I'll be watching is the men's shot put. Tiny Ryan Crouser (he's a mere 6'7" and 320) set world records at the Tokyo games and again at the 2023 World Championships in Budapest. He's a good ol' boy from Boring, Oregon (yep; that's really the name of the town) and I think he has a 70/30 chance of setting another record in Paris.
    Sydney is truly amazing

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

We were in France most of April, a couple days in le Trocadero, directly across Rive Seine from le Tour Eiffel. There was Olympics preparation construction everywhere. The Tower and Notre Dame (still under reconstruction repairs) were closed to us mere mortals.

leVieux

<>

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Rafe,

Is your friend a self-loathing whitey?

What if S.B. was a white kid from wealthy parents...so what?

White kids aren't allowed to compete if there background is privileged?

Everyone else can compete, but not them?

Your friend is way off track...

Tel me something I don't know. :) But she's not off-track among her other, virtue-signaling, white-apologist, BLM-T-shirt-wearing, democrat-voting friends. Known her for a little over 20 years, but it's gotten so that it's difficult to have even a casual conversation without something sparking on one side or the other. Sigh.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area

View attachment 463515

Yeah. For F-sake. Breakdancing? Seriously? That one pissed me off even thought southeast Texas has a possible gold medal winner going to the games. But, breakdancing?! Why don't they make F'ing rap music rhyming an Olympic sport. :banghead:

But some bad news, @Lonesome Dove, skateboarding was already added as of the Tokyo games in 2021. :(

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Has anyone ever watched a non-Olympic version of any Olympic sport?

Well, yeah. Leaving off collegiate athletics, what first comes to mind are professional sports that are widely televised like basketball, baseball (won't be played in Paris, though softball will be, but was in Tokyo and will be again in Los Angeles), boxing, soccer, golf, tennis, and others. And track & field has the professional Diamond League global circuit, but that doesn't get as much news and TV air time as the others.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    He forgot Wannabe Trump Assassin Snoop Dog has been named torch bearer for 2024 Olympics.

No word yet on what role haters Griner, Kapernick or Griffin will play.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Hope you get some hogs. Its been 28 years since I've been there and want to go back. Are you planning on any halibut trips while up there too, or just salmon on the kenai?
    I have one trip planned. Multi species out of Homer. Boat captin is comping me and my buddy. We went on a trip three years ago thru him and it was a nightmare. Told him so and he wants us back do a freebie. Otherwise just flipping for reds

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have one trip planned. Multi species out of Homer. Boat captin is comping me and my buddy. We went on a trip three years ago thru him and it was a nightmare. Told him so and he wants us back do a freebie. Otherwise just flipping for reds

Nice. We did a halibut trip out of Nanilchik - launched right off the beach - it was interesting as the conditions were too sporty to go out real deep - IIRC we were in 150 feet instead of 3-500. Skipper of our boat wasn't informed by his boss that every sport on board was only licensed for halibut at the time - he started putting out rods for salmon and we're like "WTF, you troll for halibut?" - never saw someone reel lines in so fast.

Still limited the boat on halibut and brought home a bunch of fillets. Our king salmon trip on the Kenai was a bust - the only salmon hooked broke off, and the only fish landed was an 18 inch Dolly that I kept & ate for dinner that night. Great taste, but definitely not as great as salmon.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Nice. We did a halibut trip out of Nanilchik - launched right off the beach - it was interesting as the conditions were too sporty to go out real deep - IIRC we were in 150 feet instead of 3-500. Skipper of our boat wasn't informed by his boss that every sport on board was only licensed for halibut at the time - he started putting out rods for salmon and we're like "WTF, you troll for halibut?" - never saw someone reel lines in so fast.

Still limited the boat on halibut and brought home a bunch of fillets. Our king salmon trip on the Kenai was a bust - the only salmon hooked broke off, and the only fish landed was an 18 inch Dolly that I kept & ate for dinner that night. Great taste, but definitely not as great as salmon.
    Chinook.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Kneelers, BLM terrorist supporters and woke LGBT BS lost me for good over the years

no more NFL, MLB, NBA, Nascar

i vote with my pocketbook as they say… which includes watching… they make money because we watch. They can’t have any of my money.

Top Bottom