• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Just bought in June this pistol, great shooter and C.C. is fantastic! However when I lock and load to conceal carry, the round that's gone into battery drags the following round forward and rests against the ramp and when I go to unload and put into a safe mode I drop the magazine and the round falls out onto floor or into my hand through the mag well. Anyone here experience this malfunction? I recently sent it into Sig with a video of what occurs and they polished the ramp and sent it back with 1 new magazine and said this happens with all 9mm sub compact 1911 style pistols and nothing can be done so to mitigate it when I drop the magazine put my hand under the mag well and catch the round to keep it from falling to the floor.

Seems to me that any mfg of these firearms should come with a disclaimer instead of waiting for a customer to find out after purchasing and having a firearm that hasn't been QCed prior to sale. All sales are final and that doesn't sit well with me. But in the end the P 938 Legion is an awesome CC and functions on the range perfectly and I love the functionality even with the aforementioned unloading issues!

IMG_3889.JPG
    IMG_3890.JPG

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    FYI, I tried several different brands of ammo and no changes.
    Are the mags identical? Do they all exhibit the feature you described? It may be an artifact, but it looks like the one you show right next to the pistol has a "cutout" under the nose of the top cartridge. It appears that the two below it do not have that feature. If so, it may allow that next round to extend out much further than it needs to?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That don't sound right at all. I have never shot a sub-compact , but I have multiple compacts with no issues like that. Something don't sound right.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I recently sent it into Sig with a video of what occurs and they polished the ramp and sent it back with 1 new magazine and said this happens with all 9mm sub compact 1911 style pistols and nothing can be done so to mitigate it when I drop the magazine put my hand under the mag well and catch the round to keep it from falling to the floor.

My dad had a Llama IIIA - basically a .380 cal compact 1911 made in Spain back in the '60s. That malfunction NEVER happened with it, and as a teenager I carried that pistol all over the 12 acres we had, fell on my ass with it, slid down hillsides, put hundreds of rounds through it...nothing like that ever happened. I'd expect a Spanish-made 1911 copy to be the minimum level of reliability to compare to. It shouldn't do better than a Sig.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    I have had Sig P-938, P-238, Kimber Micro 9 and 380, Colt Government .380 and Mustang, Ruger LCP. They all do it to one extent or another. Never affected reliability or performance.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I had a Kahr CW9 that did that. It also lost rounds out of the spare mag if it wasn't stored in a rigid magazine carrier. I figured it was a combination of strong spring and small lips....inherit to the subcompact 9mm design.

Another reason I like small revolvers over small autos.....

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Are the mags identical? Do they all exhibit the feature you described? It may be an artifact, but it looks like the one you show right next to the pistol has a "cutout" under the nose of the top cartridge. It appears that the two below it do not have that feature. If so, it may allow that next round to extend out much further than it needs to?
    Yes they are all identical 7 round single stack magazines. All do the same thing, my p238 has only done that a couple times but after several hundred rounds it stopped.

Top Bottom