• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I would not mind OC IF it is restricted only to CHL holders. I find it necessary to be redundant for all the pro-OCers out there.

JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    I would not mind OC IF it is restricted only to CHL holders. I find it necessary to be redundant for all the pro-OCers out there.

If it's restricted to CHL holders...what's the point of it? Did it ever occur to you that some people want to be CHL holders, but can't due to financial reasons?

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    If it's restricted to CHL holders...what's the point of it? Did it ever occur to you that some people want to be CHL holders, but can't due to financial reasons?

Financial reasons? Let's see....approximately $125 to take class, and another $140 to get license. I don't really call that cost prohibitive, do you?

I suspect it may be something other than financial reasons keeping them from getting a CHL. Would you like me to suggest a few? I think common sense would tell you without me having to lay it out for you.

Point of CHL...maybe there would be times when licensees wish to OC.....humidity, convenience of some sort, etc.

JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    Financial reasons? Let's see....approximately $125 to take class, and another $140 to get license. I don't really call that cost prohibitive, do you?

I suspect it may be something other than financial reasons keeping them from getting a CHL. Would you like me to suggest a few? I think common sense would tell you without me having to lay it out for you.

Point of CHL...maybe there would be times when licensees wish to OC.....humidity, convenience of some sort, etc.

Yeah, actually I would like you to suggest a few. There's many people in single income homes that would love to be CHL holders, but, as I said in my previous post, it may hit their pocket book a bit too hard.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Yeah, actually I would like you to suggest a few. There's many people in single income homes that would love to be CHL holders, but, as I said in my previous post, it may hit their pocket book a bit too hard.

Could it be that something in their background may prevent them from a CHL?

Sorry, if there is a Will, there is a Way. It simply is not cost prohibitive no matter how often you want to say it is.

JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx
    Back ground check is clean as a whistle. Sure, If there is a Will, there is a Way... But There are Bills that you must Pay. Got married 2 weeks after I turned 21 and have been supporting me and my wife since then. I'm trying to figure out how is it NOT cost prohibitive when you nearly live pay check to pay check.... unless I'm missing a point?

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Back ground check is clean as a whistle. Sure, If there is a Will, there is a Way... But There are Bills that you must Pay. Got married 2 weeks after I turned 21 and have been supporting me and my wife since then. I'm trying to figure out how is it NOT cost prohibitive when you nearly live pay check to pay check.... unless I'm missing a point?

Obviously, you have to put first things first (i.e., food, housing, transportation, etc.). It all comes down to how bad you want something. I have been there in my life as it relates to living pay check to pay check so don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be insensitive. Save $25 dollars a month. Do you have a home budget? If not, put one together. Do you know that I would throw loose change in a jar when I was young and first married, and do you know that by month end I would have about $40 of loose change.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Obviously, you have to put first things first (i.e., food, housing, transportation, etc.). It all comes down to how bad you want something. I have been there in my life as it relates to living pay check to pay check so don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be insensitive. Save $25 dollars a month. Do you have a home budget? If not, put one together. Do you know that I would throw loose change in a jar when I was young and first married, and do you know that by month end I would have about $40 of loose change.

I'll probably regret getting in the middle of this, but here goes. There some are folks that are really on a tight budget. I'm taking about those that have a family, are NOT spending a bunch of money on beer, 60" tv sets, ultimate package cable, NASCAR week ends and other such things and often need to decide which bill they absolutely must pay and which they can fudge for a week or so. If that's the case, I feel for those folks that can't get the means to protect themselves and their families.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I'll probably regret getting in the middle of this, but here goes. There some are folks that are really on a tight budget. I'm taking about those that have a family, are NOT spending a bunch of money on beer, 60" tv sets, ultimate package cable, NASCAR week ends and other such things and often need to decide which bill they absolutely must pay and which they can fudge for a week or so. If that's the case, I feel for those folks that can't get the means to protect themselves and their families.

You don't need a CHL to have a gun in your home or vehicle for self-protection or to protect your loved ones. CHL expense was the issue, not the purchase of a weapon. Although if one can't afford the license you would wonder about the expense associated with purchasing a weapon. Maybe the weapon could be a gift or heirloom.

JimmyGreen

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Beeville, Tx

Finally, some one that gets the idea!

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

Here is the point ya'll are missing. Ttis thread is over 600 posts long. I think I brought up the cost issue somewhere on page 17, or so.

There is a pattern here. If you look back at most of the oposition to OC on this thread, ONE member name will stick out. No one is going to change this persons mind, and that is okay. His, is not the only opinion that matters, which is a good thing. Why keep fighting the same fight, with the same person ? If you want to fight, call your state rep. and fight to get a bill introduced. That is the only fight worth fighting.

I have fought to have two bills introduced in my life. It is hard, thankless work. I know......but after many hours of e-mails, phone calls and a trip or two to the Arizona legislature, I got the outcome I worked for. OC can happen here in Texas. It will take a lot of hard work, by people that refuse to give up or leave it up to someone else. It is not a cause I am that dedicated to, otherwise I would be all over it. I open carried in Arizona for most of my adult life and would support it in Texas. I won't rehash the reasons why again.

Again, instead of arguing here, e-mail your house and senate members EVERYDAY. Get your friends and family and everyone else you know to do the same. That is the only way it is gonna happen. Trust me, when I say thet e-mails work. When they ask you to please stop sending them, you know you have sent enough.

IMO

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    "The element of surprise" - many men have live by this creed and many men sent to the grave because of it.
    I've got over 45 years of martial arts training. My physical confrontations last mere seconds. I do not rush into things, but when I do, I consider it a life or death situation and am prepared to take a life with my hands, boards, bricks. rocks, magazines, etc. I am at peace with taking a life (I have) by any means.

Bigfoot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Merkel
    OK, first off, I have read about 5 of the 619 posts so far. More than likely, I'm repeating someone else: Even if you don't plan to carry openly, you should support the effort to get OC passed, if for no other reason than you will no longer be breaking the law if a gust of wind exposes your concealed handgun.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    OK, first off, I have read about 5 of the 619 posts so far. More than likely, I'm repeating someone else: Even if you don't plan to carry openly, you should support the effort to get OC passed, if for no other reason than you will no longer be breaking the law if a gust of wind exposes your concealed handgun.

I agree that everyone should support OC. FYI.....You have to "intentionally" expose your concealed handgun to be in violation of the law.

Top Bottom