• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I'd only open carry a unloaded S&W revolver for dress up reason (if I wanna look like a cowboy). If I'm serious, I'd also conceal carry a loaded semi-auto.

I don't want the bad guys to see I have a gun and know to shoot at me first.

I'm happy to open carry any of my glocks. I am fine with any bad guys to see my pistol and realize I'm the wrong lady to mess with and they better move along and pick somebody else to accost.
    Lynx Defense

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I only open carry at home, at the gas pump at night or walking in my neighborhood at night.

I either carry my Kahr CW-9 or my Glock 19.

TxOverland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    I'd only open carry a unloaded S&W revolver for dress up reason (if I wanna look like a cowboy). If I'm serious, I'd also conceal carry a loaded semi-auto.

I don't want the bad guys to see I have a gun and know to shoot at me first.

that's the dumbest thing i ever heard

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    Open Carry? Don't like it but if it were to happen it would be either this belt/holster rig and my Colt 2nd Generation .357 Magnum Single Action Army:

morrissey_belt.jpg

or any one of my Government Model 1911s. Currently I have my Dan Wesson Pointman 9 on my hip but its concealed.

DWPM9_2.jpg

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I think that the bad guys interested in noticing that I am open carrying are a lot more likely to be in the process of wanting to rob me personally or rape me, rather then seeing me in a public situation where I am foiling their store robbery or whatever.

I think open carrying would be a deterrent to someone picking me for a robbery or a rape; I opine that their selecting skills might then let them know that I'm not the best choice for their victim but rather I might in fact be their Huckleberry.

I have no evidence to back this up, because it's hard to prove what doesn't happen that you can see.

Last edited:

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    I think that the bad guys interested in noticing that I am open carrying are a lot more likely to be in the process of wanting to rob me personally or rape me, rather then seeing me in a public situation where I am foiling their store robbery or whatever.

I think open carrying would be a deterrent to someone picking me for a robbery or a rape; I opine that their selecting skills might then let them know that I'm not the best choice for their victim but rather I might in fact be their Huckleberry.

I have no evidence to back this up, because it's hard to prove what doesn't happen that you can see.

I like your style, Wildcat

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom