• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'd carry this because it's just as silly as open carry.
    5c8121b76330714fae868163bc586d64.jpg
    You may as well conceal carry that, because having a gun where you may not be able to get to it when attacked is, well....just silly.

Actually, pretty much the same arguements can be used against either means of carry.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    You may as well conceal carry that, because having a gun where you may not be able to get to it when attacked is, well....just silly.

Actually, pretty much the same arguements can be used against either means of carry.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

It's clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. It is also clear you have not taken any classes of instruction/training involving FOF or ECQC, which is unfortunate. I highly recommend seeking out the aforementioned training.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It's clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. It is also clear you have not taken any classes of instruction/training involving FOF or ECQC, which is unfortunate. I highly recommend seeking out the aforementioned training.

I don't think I trust your assessment of what's clear.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

What is perfectly clear is that you have absolutely no idea what level of training I have. Or what sarcasm is. No matter how well trained you think you are or what you think you know, there is more ways to look at things than your own narrow minded way.
    One of things I like the best about this forum is that people here with an intelligent argument have changed my mind on subjects or at least gotten me to look at things with a different perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So ignorance is excused by membership status?

Well,,,,they have excused yours so far, so.
    And I am not the one claiming to be the final authority on the subject like you.
    And yes, I am ignorant. There are a great many things I do not know. But I am willing to learn. But not from someone that seems to have as little of your screen name as you do. But cheer up, don't get your feelings hurt because I don't think you are some godly creature with supernatural intelligence and skill. Use this as a learning opportunity. After all, you can learn from an ignorant person. You can even learn from a fool.

If nothing else, you might learn how not to be one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm happy to open carry any of my glocks. I am fine with any bad guys to see my pistol and realize I'm the wrong lady to mess with and they better move along and pick somebody else to accost.

I totally get this viewpoint. Possible victim, removes that option with open carry.

Personally, I won't do open carry in most instances. I don't look like a victim, and I feel OC might make me look like a threat which needs to be resolved. So I don't plan to OC. Much like other choices in life, there are a few factors to consider. My preference is to be invisible until I need to be otherwise. I think OC would make me stand out in a bad situation.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Understood. I conceal carry all the time and don't worry about anything. I deal with a lot of people all day long and don't (shouldn't) offend them. Easier for me. Should a situation come up, I'm still ready!

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I'm sure it would be a 1911 in .45, after all, what else is there? I have a few in the stable I can choose from.

Brad
    Interesting that a number of people choose 1911 in .45ACP. Certainly, probably the most known of the choices. It does work in that it is relatively narrow for a full sized gun and there are lots of "nice" looking holsters. However, the capacity is limited (8 to 10 max) and it is heavy.
    SW M&P 9 certainly should be a popular choice. Amazing no one mentioned Glock 17/19. If we would to make a survey of openly carried guns, the Glock would certainly be the most common.
    As a personal preference, never considered the XD/XDM as a "service" level weapon.

Top Bottom