• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    ARRESTABLE Class C, though, correct? So they could make a custody arrest for the Class C misdemeanor, take the gun, force you to get magistrated, then go from there... if they wanted to be hard-nosed dicks. Some might, to make a point.

All depends on how much they've been drinking and how nicely you ask... or so I hear.

Take the gun which you'll never get back. Make sure that your EDC is a good hitter but nothing that would sit in your trophy case. I see so many that are walking around with a $2000 Kimber with their chest all pumped up all the while not thinking about a LEO could snatch that off and he'll never see his prized pony ever again.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yes, one can be arrested for any class C (yes, even speeding and open container if you refuse to sign a promise to appear)
    I have been bluntly told by a police officer that if he didn't like my smart mouth he had no qualms about arresting me for failing to signal for a full 100 feet prior to making a turn.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I've always said I want OC to pass, but probably wouldn't OC that often. I really appreciate TXI walking us through these changes.

My biggest fear (aside from the idiots who will abuse OC and taint, possibly ruin, CHL for the rest of us), is how potential encounters with LEOs will happen. I don't mind showing my license if asked, but I'd prefer not to being staring down the LEOs gun in my face. That hasn't been my experience with CHL, but they can always tell you don't touch it. I've even had some cops ask me to step out of vehicle to seperate me from my gun. Not a problem. They've always been nice. When the gun is holstered on my person openly, I'm not sure their reactions will be as relaxed.

I'm with Scott on two points. There are going to be bravado retards out there proving that their Constitutional rights have been shackled up until this point and that Constitutional carry should be the law in Texas. The crazies that were group OCing in Target are not just going to go away with their agendas covered up.

The other is police reaction to this. The cops that are tazing and slamming Grandpa to the ground are the types that concern me. Those rookies are itching to pull the trigger and **** up your life with their in experience and movie driven desire to kick some ass to preserve the peace.

Personally I am going to let some other guys get their "contact" with LEO's and watch it on TV. After OC becomes a regular thing I'll join the crowd hopefully with better chances of getting down the road without any "contact".

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I still find myself constantly pulling my shirt down, but I try to do both sides simultaneously so it's not as obvious. I think that's typically my biggest/main tell tell, but people either don't seem to notice or care.
    The most common tell, for me, is watching people approach an entrance, scan for a 30.06 sign, then touch their gun through their clothes when they don't see the sign. I find it odd but that behavior seems very common.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have been bluntly told by a police officer that if he didn't like my smart mouth he had no qualms about arresting me for failing to signal for a full 100 feet prior to making a turn.

mind you the officer was thinking this way for his own safety. He has to go home to his family you know:facepalm:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

You sir, are a Hooligan.

:)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Take the gun which you'll never get back. Make sure that your EDC is a good hitter but nothing that would sit in your trophy case. I see so many that are walking around with a $2000 Kimber with their chest all pumped up all the while not thinking about a LEO could snatch that off and he'll never see his prized pony ever again.
    If I ever OC, it will be with a firearm that I would not want to lose. I won't take the time to explain my reasoning (it's personal) but it would be a fairly expensive, customized piece.

To those more dialed in to the procedural drafts being composed, as we speak, by LEAs around the state - is the concern expressed by TX69 reasonable? I hope not.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Here's a another question for you.

I am a longstanding member of a church and our pastor and leadership have no problem with people concealed carrying as many of us men do it anyway

we have guys who stay outside near the doors during the service to look out for people's cars in the parking lots and make sure some jihadist doesn't run in yelling Aloha Clark Bar!

Our church front has no signs near the doors and I don't think they would want to post 30.07 signs, but I can tell you that if someone shows up OC'ing and walks into the service, that will cause an issue for most people and the pastor may be forced to actually post the sign.

now to the question: If ask by a church member (with authority from leadership) to cover up a weapon prior to entering service, would that request have no weight without the sign?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The fear some of you have of LEO interactions is as unsupportable as the anti claims of blood in the streets. Really comical to watch.

OC is going to be a nonevent, just like it is in most other states.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

I am a longstanding member of a church and our pastor and leadership have no problem with people concealed carrying as many of us men do it anyway

we have guys who stay outside near the doors during the service to look out for people's cars in the parking lots and make sure some jihadist doesn't run in yelling Aloha Clark Bar!

Our church front has no signs near the doors and I don't think they would want to post 30.07 signs, but I can tell you that if someone shows up OC'ing and walks into the service, that will cause an issue for most people and the pastor may be forced to actually post the sign.

now to the question: If ask by a church member (with authority from leadership) to cover up a weapon prior to entering service, would that request have no weight without the sign?

verbal notice is more valid then a sign under new law.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

That request would have absolute weight. No sign is required. Verbal notice is sufficient. In fact, they could put a notice on a sheet of paper and hand it to everyone.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    The Senate version had an amendment where we needed to take a 4 hour extra course in holster safety. Thank god that one died.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    My concern about OC is the LEO's likely desire to disarm the carrier before asking to see the permit.

I'm not touching my gun with a LEO watching me.

The whole disarm attempt could easily lead to other charges (or death).

Top Bottom