• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Quick question, it might be dumb. But if you are conceal carrying, how is the establishment going to know? Then how can they give you a verbal request to leave?

I know some instances some imprint with there ccw, but I doubt that's how most of us carry.

I work in a facility open to the public. I spot CHLers every day. ;)

Also, I have had people come into the security office and ask if we prohibit CHL carry. Guess what I then know about that person? ;)
    Venture Surplus ad

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Correct with this caveat; they don't have to ask you to leave for you to be hit with the class C. If you walk past a 30.07 sign (or 30.06 for that matter) and are noticed, they can call the police. The police can hit you with a class C right then, without you ever having been asked to leave.

ARRESTABLE Class C, though, correct? So they could make a custody arrest for the Class C misdemeanor, take the gun, force you to get magistrated, then go from there... if they wanted to be hard-nosed dicks. Some might, to make a point.

I wonder how many places will forget to put a sign on the back door. That classifies as an entrance correct?

All depends on how much they've been drinking and how nicely you ask... or so I hear.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    ARRESTABLE Class C, though, correct? So they could make a custody arrest for the Class C misdemeanor, take the gun, force you to get magistrated, then go from there... if they wanted to be hard-nosed dicks. Some might, to make a point.

Yes, one can be arrested for any class C (yes, even speeding and open container if you refuse to sign a promise to appear)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    can you OC in your vehicle or do you have to still conceal it?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    More than one LEO has said something similar to me, and I don't doubt it. It does fascinate me, though. Is it because they're careless or clumsy and print? Something about their demeanor? If you con't mind sharing, that is.

Tells

Pulling at the cover garment on one side of the body. Touching the gun through the cover garment to ensure it is still there. Pulling the pants up on one side of the waist. Holding one side of an unbuttoned shirt on a windy day. Little things like that. Some of it is just experience. I look for people favoring one side of the body, as well. I look for bulges.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Tells

Pulling at the cover garment on one side of the body. Touching the gun through the cover garment to ensure it is still there. Pulling the pants up on one side of the waist. Holding one side of an unbuttoned shirt on a windy day. Little things like that. Some of it is just experience. I look for people favoring one side of the body, as well. I look for bulges.
    Bulges, sometimes there is a bulge in my pants and it ain't my hand gun, if you know what I mean ;).

Sorry it couldn't be helped.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I will not miss holding my over shirt down on windy days outside. I'm letting it fly next year.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    can you OC with a handgun with a tax stamped legal suppressor mounted?

not that I would, but since this thread is for questions about such things...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Tells

I still find myself constantly pulling my shirt down, but I try to do both sides simultaneously so it's not as obvious. I think that's typically my biggest/main tell tell, but people either don't seem to notice or care.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    can you OC with a handgun with a tax stamped legal suppressor mounted?

not that I would, but since this thread is for questions about such things...
    I think it'd be legal.....and badass!!!! But only for special occasions - like BBQ style get togethers.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Do you have to be licensed to OC?
    YES

- Which signs to look out for while OC?

- Places you cannot OC?
    Same places off limits places with the exception of the different signage requirements. In other words, if it was off limits by statute, it still is. If it was off limits by 30.06 posting, unless it is ALSO posted 30.07 it isn't off limits
    Thanx Winchster and TXI. And interesting other comments as well. :usflag:

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I've always said I want OC to pass, but probably wouldn't OC that often. I really appreciate TXI walking us through these changes.

My biggest fear (aside from the idiots who will abuse OC and taint, possibly ruin, CHL for the rest of us), is how potential encounters with LEOs will happen. I don't mind showing my license if asked, but I'd prefer not to being staring down the LEOs gun in my face. That hasn't been my experience with CHL, but they can always tell you don't touch it. I've even had some cops ask me to step out of vehicle to seperate me from my gun. Not a problem. They've always been nice. When the gun is holstered on my person openly, I'm not sure their reactions will be as relaxed.

Top Bottom