• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County

I can't see the the majority of cops doing this without you doing some other thing to draw attention to yourself. Will there be a few asstards that do it a few times probably and if the person its done to reports it to there superiors it will in time get on there record and open the district up to a lawsuit so the cop will be fired before it get to that. ....

There you go again, making suppositions about the future. Exactly the same thing for which you have criticized me. If no one ever envisions what might happen, no one will ever be prepared for what does happen. You and I simply envision somewhat different scenarios, neither one of which is as insane as those envisioned by MDA and the loonie bloomies.

I really hope these next 7 months are used to educate the LEO and civilian communities about their rights and responsibilities so the transition goes smoothly.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    :) I knew that was coming lol.

So I will agree to disagree with you and move on.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This could be a pretty good thread if not for all the bickering. Maybe one of our members who are better at sifting through this stuff can make a thread covering this, close it, and sticky it?

Worst idea ever.

This is TGT, let it roll.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I can still fully envision particularly Austin/Houston/Dallas cops (those with Democrat mayors, particularly) being more than just a little interested in someone OCing in their cities. So, you need a pretext? "Sir, you seem to be a little unsteady on your feet. Have you been drinking? I notice you're carrying a pistol"...

You know, they could have done the same with the Amendment added, right?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    IIRC, 30.07 has to posted at every entrance, not just cospiuously. Otherwise esentially the same as 30.06 except to address open instead of concealed carry. I do believe that even if not posted and asked to leave, you do.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    IIRC, 30.07 has to posted at every entrance, not just cospiuously. Otherwise esentially the same as 30.06 except to address open instead of concealed carry. I do believe that even if not posted and asked to leave, you do.

Businesses are going to look awfully silly with thee huge signs all over their entrances at each and every door. This is going to be seriously interesting to watch as it unfolds. I think that the first few that screw up will hit the news just the way they like it. After those few are taken car of and the other dumbys get it figured out and the bravado settles down Texas will go back to being Texas and all will be calm again.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    You know, they could have done the same with the Amendment added, right?

You nailed it. It's argued it's already in other law, so it repeats.... Thus I'm curious why the hoopla from the LEO community over it. I guess I'll never understand politics any more than I understand wimmin.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Not required for 30.06, or 30.07.

I also think OC is banned from schools. We wait for final enrolled version of law to see.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Me being one I'am still not clear on all the rules pertaining to OC. Thus this thread for many whom don't know all the rules...

- Do you have to be licensed to OC? Yes

- Which signs to look out for while OC? a sign JUST like 30.06, but referencing 30.07

- Places you cannot OC?
    Same places you cannot concealed carry

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If you leave, it's a class C misdemeanor. It escalates to class A if you refuse to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct with this caveat; they don't have to ask you to leave for you to be hit with the class C. If you walk past a 30.07 sign (or 30.06 for that matter) and are noticed, they can call the police. The police can hit you with a class C right then, without you ever having been asked to leave.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    its a class c misdemeanor for concealed carry now unless you are verblay told to leave. If you refuse it becomes class A like it is now.

I am confused by your statement.

Today, a violation of 30.06 is a class A misdemeanor, the highest misdemeanor, regardless of if you are told to leave first, or refuse to leave when asked.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Correct with this caveat; they don't have to ask you to leave for you to be hit with the class C. If you walk past a 30.07 sign (or 30.06 for that matter) and are noticed, they can call the police. The police can hit you with a class C right then, without you ever having been asked to leave.

Yep, If I miss sign and am asked to leave, I am gone in a flash, no waiting for LEO to show up to get a Class/C. Only way I get the Class/C is if they call cops without warning.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Quick question, it might be dumb. But if you are conceal carrying, how is the establishment going to know? Then how can they give you a verbal request to leave?

I know some instances some imprint with there ccw, but I doubt that's how most of us carry.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Yep I made a mistake in putting that extra now in there. as of 1/1/16 its a class c to miss the sign and class A if asked to leave and you dont.

I am confused by your statement.

Today, a violation of 30.06 is a class A misdemeanor, the highest misdemeanor, regardless of if you are told to leave first, or refuse to leave when asked.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Quick question, it might be dumb. But if you are conceal carrying, how is the establishment going to know? Then how can they give you a verbal request to leave?

They do not have to know.

Some places. like Six Flags, gives verbal notice to everyone upon entry.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Some random ugly chick runs up and hugs you from behind and feels it and screams HES GOT A GUN ? :)

Who knows maybe as you got out of the car and tucked it away an employee saw and then saw you in the store ? Tells management hey that guy is carrying ?

I know some instances some imprint with there ccw, but I doubt that's how most of us carry.

Top Bottom