Hurley's Gold

Ok Austin, can we get some good gun laws now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    NO, many states do NOT have those things, some states have those things.

Name 5 states that have ALL of those things, PLUS the dozens of others I did not list, like no Firearms ID Cards, no Waiting Periods, traveling exclusion, mail order ammo, etc.

I think this is where the discussion comes to a screeching halt....lmao
    DK Firearms

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    To cover a few comments;
    Yes open carry of Long Guns is legal, " If you want to go to jail"! I have seen this happen more than one.
    Texas Preemption Law is great, " If the state would enforce it in places like San Antonio"!
    The rights of Texans to own "keep" guns is just about perfect, " Perfection would come from Texans being able to carry" bear" those arms without infringement".
    Defense laws in Texas, " Thats what I like about Mr. Perry the most". Texas is close to perfect with property and self defense. We just need better carry laws so people can actually take advantage of those great laws.
    With the effort of dedicated people, Texas Will be Perfect in every way.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    As I said, I've other things to do that are more important than chasing down the exact figures for you. Try looking at the maps at Opencarry.org, they'll give a fairly good idea of what laws other states have.

As for the other items you listed: Many other states also have/allow what you're talking about.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As I said, I've other things to do that are more important than chasing down the exact figures for you. Try looking at the maps at Opencarry.org, they'll give a fairly good idea of what laws other states have.

First one I checked was WRONG. -> Unlicensed Travelers' Map

You are not required to conceal a gun of any kind while traveling.

As for the other items you listed: Many other states also have/allow what you're talking about.

No, some states have some of them, none have them ALL.

Here are some states I already know do not have them ALL - LA, FL, NC, VA, PA, NJ, MD, VT, CT, CA, HI, DE, CO, IL, AL, MI, WI, MN, OH, PA, WV, WA, NV, RI, NH, DC, NM.

That is more than half the states right there.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    "opencarry.org" focuses on......open carry and tends to run down states that dont have it.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I would be curious to see what they were charged with as they appear to have broken no Texas law.

I agree but, wouldn't i freak a cop out and make for a really bad situation. I dont want to start trouble, but the rifle would be a very advantageous gun for walking the dog at night.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    "Freaking out a cop" is not a crime....if you are not breaking a law, then you are not breaking a law.

My advice to officers is often, "Dont try to make chicken salad out of chicken shit". People who dont break the law shouldnt and typically dont go to jail.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    As I have said before, those that only want CC are not as tolerant of those who want to OC as the OC'ers are of the CC'ers. CC'ers seem to think they know better than anyone else, and seem to think that OC'ers are knuckle dragging Neanderthals who can't wipe their own ***.

If you read all of my previous post, you'll see that I said TX has some good laws. I also said that a lot of other states have the same laws, some states have even better laws: Alaska, Vermont & Arizona come to mind. Florida, Colorado, Wyoming and a couple others aren't bad. No, Florida doesn't have OC, but they're close.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    "Freaking out a cop" is not a crime....if you are not breaking a law, then you are not breaking a law.

My advice to officers is often, "Dont try to make chicken salad out of chicken shit". People who dont break the law shouldnt and typically dont go to jail.

You're right, freaking out a cop isn't a crime, but you'll be in a world of shi* if you do. And people who don't break the law shouldn't go to jail, but there have been numerous cases of a person being "detained"....

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    As I have said before, those that only want CC are not as tolerant of those who want to OC as the OC'ers are of the CC'ers. CC'ers seem to think they know better than anyone else, and seem to think that OC'ers are knuckle dragging Neanderthals who can't wipe their own ***.
    My observations have been that CCers often (not always) have some training and grasp of the tactical benefit of hiding your weapon hidden. OCers are often not trying to protect themselves, but instead are trying to show off.
    I really dont care if it is legal or not....it is just unwise to take part in, in most cases.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I also said that a lot of other states have the same laws, some states have even better laws: Alaska, Vermont & Arizona come to mind. Florida, Colorado, Wyoming and a couple others aren't bad. No, Florida doesn't have OC, but they're close.

Only took me 3 minutes to verify none of those states have ALL of those things I mentioned.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I lived in Florida....I will take Texas laws anyday.

I agree i have allot of family in Florida. I am usually happy to be back in texas when my flight lands.

They seem to be wanting to pass some good gun legislation this time around.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Did I say they did?

I think he's just trying to be impossible.

I personally think Texas could be much worse, for example California. However we are FAAAAAAAR from perfect and there is much room for improvement.

I take comfort that Texas citizens are probably the most pro gun in the country, and therefore most accepting.

Blade laws for instance. 5.5 inch limit, Only a single side can be sharpened, no automatics. What difference does it make? That is BS.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom