Guns International

Ok Austin, can we get some good gun laws now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WayniacKT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    SE Texas
    I would like to see some movement on the parking lot bill, campus carry and open carry in the next session.
    And perhaps even... dare I say it... move in the direction of Constitutional Carry.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The election moved us in the right direction, but we still have a few polecats in the hen house...their bottom of the barrel support has kept them in office for a long time but they lack much power today. So lets get on with some AZ gun laws, or even better. The zombies are breeding and hatching like flies so the need
    for citizen's firearms and firearm rights upgrading is needed NOW ! Hello, Texas Legislature, can you hear us ?

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    A republican majority is definitely better than a dem majority, but I fear not much is going to change. We can't rest easy just because we "won". Constitutional carry is going to be a long hard battle.

Of course not. There will be work involved for sure. I have to disagree though. I think we can do it. Maybe not tomorrow but I have seen miracles happen. ;)

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    The legislature has no interest. And quite frankly, these things need to be taken slowly and methodically. Get the other things passed......

I hope you don't mind very much if we try. If we give it our best shot? Are you opposed to the idea? Common! Be a sport!

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Originally Posted by txinvestigator] You will see movement on the employer parking lot and campus carry issues, but not open carry or a repeal of 46.02.

Originally Posted by TheDan] Constitutional carry is going to be a long hard battle.

Originally Posted by Texas1911] You guys are years away from being that organization. No offense.

So much negativity! With a little support, big things can happen.......

"Negative waves Moriarty, negative waves!"

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm going to say this as gently/politely as I possibly can. When you're pushing a new idea/legislation, it may make you feel good to be all "in their face" and strident about it....but you're going to turn away more folks than you attract. I should know - I spent years learning that the hard way. Reasoned debate, a well-thought out set of talking points and proper grammar/spelling/sentence structure has be be present in ALL communications - written and oral. Your "public face" needs to be photogenic, polite and well-versed in not only 2nd Amendment, but the Constitution and laws in general. Your appearance should be professional at ALL times, and if you've got someone that identifies themself as a supporter, you've got to keep close tabs on 'em at major public events. ONE jackass can destroy everything you've worked for.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I'm going to say this as gently/politely as I possibly can. When you're pushing a new idea/legislation, it may make you feel good to be all "in their face" and strident about it....but you're going to turn away more folks than you attract. I should know - I spent years learning that the hard way. Reasoned debate, a well-thought out set of talking points and proper grammar/spelling/sentence structure has be be present in ALL communications - written and oral. Your "public face" needs to be photogenic, polite and well-versed in not only 2nd Amendment, but the Constitution and laws in general. Your appearance should be professional at ALL times, and if you've got someone that identifies themself as a supporter, you've got to keep close tabs on 'em at major public events. ONE jackass can destroy everything you've worked for.

I agree. As a gun rights supporter the most important thing to do iscome across as responsible stewards for the 2nd amendment, and actively avoid painting a negative light on ourselves.

For the people that think the LSCDL is years away from being large enough to get stuff done. From what I understand LSCDL is an activist organization vs a passive watchdog of a group such as TSRA. Activist groups effectively push for things, the more passive groups just get mad when something doesn't go their way. The previous lack of an activist group is probably the main reason we have not seen any innovative pro-2a laws out of texas for a long time.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nothing is going to change drastically until we start electing politicians (they'd most likely be independent or at least not one of the big 2) who don't care at all about re-election and are not afraid to stand up for what is morally and ethically right. There are a few out there, but the vast majority are too busy playing politics to actually do their jobs, and at most we usually end up with superficial improvements from them because most don't have the balls to actually stand up and get some serious legislation passed.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Nothing is going to change drastically until we start electing politicians (they'd most likely be independent or at least not one of the big 2) who don't care at all about re-election and are not afraid to stand up for what is morally and ethically right. There are a few out there, but the vast majority are too busy playing politics to actually do their jobs, and at most we usually end up with superficial improvements from them because most don't have the balls to actually stand up and get some serious legislation passed.

Then how do you explain CHL in the mid-90s, MPA in 2007, etc.

The gun community and the fiscal right need to take a lesson from the leftists and learn to work cohesively as a motivated group. Too many of us cannot simply agree on simple gains, and instead want the home run approach because damnit that's just how it's going to be!

As Redneck said, that doesn't work in the real life. You need to get in there, grease palms, make buddies, and motivate the people that actually have the power to enact change. The mindless millions that surround us won't allow you, or us, to push in independents. Many people vote straight ticket, or just vote because there's an R next to the name. Working your butt off to convince 10,000 people in 200 districts that they need to vote in independent conservatives is not going to yield anything. Convincing those 10,000 people to work cohesively as a PAC for gun rights, is EXACTLY what needs to be done.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom