DK Firearms

Ok Austin, can we get some good gun laws now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    No I asked you to provide the names of the states that had better gun laws than Texas,....

You asked for the names of 5 states that have better gun laws. Since "better gun laws" is a subjective term, and you will be the one to determine which ones you consider to be better, and you seem to have already determined that TX gun laws are the best it would be a foregone conclusion that I can not come up with 5 states you'd find acceptable.

So you still have not named all these other states that have better gun laws than Texas.

See above

"Unlicensed Travelers" do NOT need to conceal any firearm, be it handgun, rifle, machine gun, whatever.

Traveling is not defined. The old “crossing three counties” and other speculated definitions just are not. Personally, I would not rely on this section, as what YOU consider traveling and what a police officer or judge might consider could be vastly different.

Sec. 46.02:
    (a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
    (1) the handgun is in plain view; or

Sect 46.15:
    (b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
    (3) is traveling;

Assuming you were writing a short explanation of the TX vehicle carry laws, keeping in mind that a) it would be on the Internet and b) there's no specific definition of traveling; how would you have explained it? Would you have put it out there for the entire world to see that it's OK to "travel" in TX with the handgun not concealed? Knowing that some people would consider driving to the corner store to be "traveling"?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You asked for the names of 5 states that have better gun laws. Since "better gun laws" is a subjective term, and you will be the one to determine which ones you consider to be better, and you seem to have already determined that TX gun laws are the best it would be a foregone conclusion that I can not come up with 5 states you'd find acceptable.

No, I made it non-subjective by providing list of gun laws as a reference. You replied:

As for the other items you listed: Many other states also have/allow what you're talking about.

We are still waiting for you to provide the names of these "many" states. But of course, it cannot be done and everyone knows that. So I will let drop it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Assuming you were writing a short explanation of the TX vehicle carry laws, keeping in mind that a) it would be on the Internet and b) there's no specific definition of traveling; how would you have explained it? Would you have put it out there for the entire world to see that it's OK to "travel" in TX with the handgun not concealed? Knowing that some people would consider driving to the corner store to be "traveling"?

Given the choice between providing factually correct information and blatantly incorrect information, I would provide the factually correct information.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    I'm too busy to play any more games with you. When you decide you'd like to drop the "Holier than thou" attitude and actually have a conversation, let me know.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio

Traveling - a reasonable definition is moving from one location to another by foot or other conveyance. This leads to the following question:

If you can travel by foot, and the handgun must be concealed, doesn't the requirement for a CHL directly contradict the law that states we can carry while traveling? Therefore, shouldn't the requirement for a CHL to carry concealed be stricken?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Traveling - a reasonable definition is moving from one location to another by foot or other conveyance. This leads to the following question:

If you can travel by foot, and the handgun must be concealed, doesn't the requirement for a CHL directly contradict the law that states we can carry while traveling? Therefore, shouldn't the requirement for a CHL to carry concealed be stricken?

For statutory purposes, that is not the recognized definition.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R

Yeah, but what happens when you stop walking? Dey gotcha!

All of these laws are so complicated like some kind of game. (Mother May I or Simon Says) They need to be trimmed and streamlined so they not only make sense but don't restrict people who have no ill intent and have done nothing wrong.

I don't get the whole traveling thing anyway. Doesn't a person who isn't traveling need to protect him/her self just as much as someone who is on the go?

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yeah, but what happens when you stop walking? Dey gotcha!

All of these laws are so complicated like some kind of game. (Mother May I or Simon Says) They need to be trimmed and streamlined so they not only make sense but don't restrict people who have no ill intent and have done nothing wrong.

I don't get the whole traveling thing anyway. Doesn't a person who isn't traveling need to protect him/her self just as much as someone who is on the go?

Great post!!

So i dont have to be traveling to conceal the handgun in my car?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm too busy to play any more games with you. When you decide you'd like to drop the "Holier than thou" attitude and actually have a conversation, let me know.

Conversation involving facts, anytime. But making blanket statements that are entirely false is of no use to anyone. That is not conversation. That just clouds the issues.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Great post!!

So i dont have to be traveling to conceal the handgun in my car?
    As to give you a straight answer would only fuel debate, not to mention this question has been answered dozens of times on this forum, I would recommend checking out TXinvestigator's blog entries. Very useful to those new to carrying and I think people take it in better when they read it for themselves.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Laws are in desperate need of clarification. How do they expect the average citizen to follow something that they do not understand. This is undue restriction anyway, no criminal cares about the interpretation of this law, nor will they follow it. I will carry in my car and hope for the best. I will find a good lawyer in the meantime.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Because the best way I can protest the state requiring me from buying my 2nd amendment rights is to buy them for cheaper off of another state.

I disagree I cant see any anti gun legislation passing this session.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    The only reason to get a resident (TX)CHL is if you travel to another state. Some states will not recognize a third part permission slip, it must be from your state of residence.

Top Bottom