• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    He was likely to be a key witness in a civil suit against DPD.

And say what? I still don't understand why he is being called a key witness to the first trial, other than the fact he was within earshot and seems like he might have told the truth.

Sounded like 2 people ran into each other unexpectedly and then 2 gunshots. I'm no legal expert, but I'm pretty sure both parties in Guygers trial also agreed with those facts. Not exactly groundbreaking evidence for a civil trial if both sides have already admitted to the "key" testimony.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Had the Judge’s hug come during the trial or during the punishment phase, it would have been completely inappropriate. The hug, coming as it did, AFTER sentence was rendered, is not problematic at all. The voters can decide at the ballot box, should they feel their judges should be devoid of their humanity aftet the job is done.

So we disagree on some of this.

What about the flip flops? Appropriate attire for a judge? Even Harry on Nightcourt dressed the part at least.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    So we disagree on some of this.

What about the flip flops? Appropriate attire for a judge? Even Harry on Nightcourt dressed the part at least.
    A judge sets their own rules in their own courtroom. I have no problem whatsoever regarding her choice of footwear.

Hell, I'm aware of courtrooms where males are not permitted to remain unless they are wearing a shirt with a collar, and no one allowed to chew gum. I've seen others where there's practically no rules at all when it comes to attire. It runs the whole range, in my experience. In any event, far be it from me to tell a Judge--in their own courtroom--what she should or should not be wearing on her feet.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You might be surprised what some judges wear under the robes. Them things can get hot.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.7 MB · Views: 339

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Top Bottom