ft worth tx
    IMG_3003.jpeg

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Good point, Mark. We had a hell of a time dealing with collection calls on the credit card my mother opened up four weeks after she passed away. There's nothing to scrape the scab off a wound like having to prove to multiple disinterested parties that someone is, in fact, dead.
    Hey GZ,

The folk that prey on the widow/widower....a good slow hanging be too kind...

That poor widow I spoke with last year? She had stacks of scam attempts....emails/txts/snail mail....

The County Prosecutor is useless.....

The scam firm/artist reads the obits...and opens up their can of worms....and they are slick....

They have "official appearing" stationery....their emails/snail mails look "legit"....

I advise for the the bereaved to go to their local bank in person....our local bank Manager...she has a list (more like a small town phone book) of scams...and how the scammer tries to impersonate a legit financial institution....

There are a couple scammers that portray themselves to be from Social Security/Medicare...just to "help" the bereaved out of their life savings....

(if it seems as though I do not care for these crooks? If I had a fire ant hill? They would be gracing it...)

Later, Mark

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Mornin.
    Maybe I am getting senile, we were in two different places or gas stations were having a price war. Don't know. It's possible it's all three. From what I remember, It was about $1.60-$1.80 about that time. I have slept since then. I don't remember it being below that since about 1983.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Might've been around $1.50 in the late 80s...but that couple of months in 1999 all of the stations around Austin hovered around $1.00/gal...then some of them slowly dipped under for a few weeks. It was glorious...and not confined to just a couple of stations. Outside of town where my parents lived it was about the same.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom