• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Next on my list is another SC Gwynne book about Quanah Parker and the Comanche Indians. I heard Gwynne promoting this book on a podcast. I knew about Cynthia Parker but I had no idea about the brutality of the Comanches.

Screenshot-20240919-000402-Samsung-Internet.jpg

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    If anyone is into the “near death experience” phenomenon, I highly recommend the book “Imagine Heaven” by John Burke, an agnostic turned pastor from Austin. Fascinating book of his summaries and stories researching over 1300 NDE’s from all over the world over 30+ years.

Burke began his quest from reading a book on the nightstand at his father’s deathbed. The book told the story of a guy who died in military training back in WWII. He was agnostic at the time but the story “grabbed him” and took him down a path to find out if God did exist.

It is an amazing book!

image.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Good points ... the best compromise is where no one is completely happy.
    <>

Your comment touches on a long-held criticism of mine: By continual & repeated compromises with EVIL, our government, and public opinion, have been dragged far from our Ancestors’ ethic & Founding Principles.

I have watched our Republican Reps & Senators slowly destroy our Republic via repeated compromises with Chuck Schumer.

Law Schools teach negotiation seeking compromise as a Holy Grail. Some issues demand clear resolution to preserve integrity; but we haven’t seen that.

One Road to Hell is paved with repeated compromises with Evil, as exemplified by Louisiana’s Speaker Mike Johnson’s repeatedly buckling to Schumer’s threats to close down government. Public opinion now recognizes the error of repeatedly approving CR’s, instead of a National Budget. Johnson must grow balls and have that showdown in full public view.

The mechanism to remove errant Judges is impeachment; but it isn’t used. A “Tyranny in Black Robes” is the worst kind because it lends undeserved legitimacy to Evil, and it is so difficult to escape.

Term limits is the immediate bandaid we need. I have no resolution when our politicians are so corrupt & spineless.

I wonder if others see it this way ?

leVieux

<>

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Got on a "Cussler" kick lately.

Started around April, read the "Dirk Pitt" series.

Read the "NUMA Files" series.

Workin on the "Oregon Files" series.

Roughly 25 books in each series. Easy "Good vs Evil, save the world" readin.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    <>

Your comment touches on a long-held criticism of mine: By continual & repeated compromises with EVIL, our government, and public opinion, have been dragged far from our Ancestors’ ethic & Founding Principles.

I have watched our Republican Reps & Senators slowly destroy our Republic via repeated compromises with Chuck Schumer.

Law Schools teach negotiation seeking compromise as a Holy Grail. Some issues demand clear resolution to preserve integrity; but we haven’t seen that.

One Road to Hell is paved with repeated compromises with Evil, as exemplified by Louisiana’s Speaker Mike Johnson’s repeatedly buckling to Schumer’s threats to close down government. Public opinion now recognizes the error of repeatedly approving CR’s, instead of a National Budget. Johnson must grow balls and have that showdown in full public view.

The mechanism to remove errant Judges is impeachment; but it isn’t used. A “Tyranny in Black Robes” is the worst kind because it lends undeserved legitimacy to Evil, and it is so difficult to escape.

Term limits is the immediate bandaid we need. I have no resolution when our politicians are so corrupt & spineless.

I wonder if others see it this way ?

leVieux

<>
    All I need to know about the art of compromise is having a wife.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Anyone know any good books about the Battle of Kings Mountain in the Revolutionary War?

Found out I have a relative that was a commander at that battle. Would like to learn more.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    All I need to know about the art of compromise is having a wife.
    <>

Yes, that is the early phase of marriage.

After the first 15 or 20 years, Wife has learned to manipulate everyday things to the point that disagreement is futile.

Then, after 35 or 40 years, Wife is definitely in charge.

I have learned to repeat “Yes, Dear” until issue has passed.

<>

OldPhart

On Everyone's Ignore List
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    There is a series of 3 books called All Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matthew Bracken. Were seem to be getting very close to living thru these.

Top Bottom