Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What, because Taco Bell is foolishly making it damned near impossible to get the one actual food item on their menu?
    Every few years I'm prompted to re-tell this story. I guess this is one of those times.

During an extended visit, my sister, mother, and I sincerely tried to make my sister's in-laws happy with their son being in Texas. One of the ways I contributed was to make sure that we took them out for some really good TexMex (and bbq, too.) We even treated them to a ridiculously expensive top-tier Mexican restaurant run by an old friend who was a 4th generation restaurateur from Mexico City. He had grown up in the family restaurant in Mexico City then come to UofH. Between himself and his wife, they had advanced degrees in restaurant management and food prep. That place was the best Mexican food on the planet...or at least in Texas, and that's about as high a standard as can exist, IMO.

The effort was all for naught. My ex-BIL's mother was a witch and never satisfied with anything.

Upon leaving, she said, paraphrasing, "I can't wait to get back to Ohio where I can get real Mexican food from Taco Bell."

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Every few years I'm prompted to re-tell this story. I guess this is one of those times.

During an extended visit, my sister, mother, and I sincerely tried to make my sister's in-laws happy with their son being in Texas. One of the ways I contributed was to make sure that we took them out for some really good TexMex (and bbq, too.) We even treated them to a ridiculously expensive top-tier Mexican restaurant run by an old friend who was a 4th generation restaurateur from Mexico City. He had grown up in the family restaurant in Mexico City then come to UofH. Between himself and his wife, they had advanced degrees in restaurant management and food prep. That place was the best Mexican food on the planet...or at least in Texas, and that's about as high a standard as can exist, IMO.

The effort was all for naught. My ex-BIL's mother was a witch and never satisfied with anything.

Upon leaving, she said, paraphrasing, "I can't wait to get back to Ohio where I can get real Mexican food from Taco Bell."

She probably eats her well-done steaks with ketchup, too.

Top Bottom