• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not to be Eeyore but those knee injections didn't do a thing for me.
    Waste of time and money IMO.
    Just go straight for the knee replacement.

You had the Gelsyn injections?

See, I'm trying to kick that surgery as far down the road as I can. I've never had surgery. Ever. And after 52 years I'd like to try to go a little longer before anyone starts actually sawing away bits of my bones. It freaks me out juuuuust a lot.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    You had the Gelsyn injections?

See, I'm trying to kick that surgery as far down the road as I can. I've never had surgery. Ever. And after 52 years I'd like to try to go a little longer before anyone starts actually sawing away bits of my bones. It freaks me out juuuuust a lot.

Yes, I had them on my left knee.
    My knees were kaput due to arthritis. The injections only helped for a day or two.
    After that I had the knee replaced.
    Couple of years later I had the right knee replaced. They tried to get me to do the injections again. Said Nope. Straight to the surgery.
    You don't really need to stress about the surgery all that much. They've got it down to a science. One night in the hospital.
    Take your meds and damn sure do the rehab/therapy. It'll take a couple of weeks to get back to moving around but its doable.
    PM me if you want more details.

prisondoc

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    I second the surgical option. Momma (the wife) went the same route until the injections only provided pain relief for a couple of weeks. She's glad she had the surgery.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yes, I had them on my left knee.
    My knees were kaput due to arthritis. The injections only helped for a day or two.
    After that I had the knee replaced.
    Couple of years later I had the right knee replaced. They tried to get me to do the injections again. Said Nope. Straight to the surgery.
    You don't really need to stress about the surgery all that much. They've got it down to a science. One night in the hospital.
    Take your meds and damn sure do the rehab/therapy. It'll take a couple of weeks to get back to moving around but its doable.
    PM me if you want more details.

Believe me, I know that about the surgery intellectually. Hell, I watched my dad bounce back from double knee replacements in his 80s and one of my best friends had both knees replaced a couple of years ago.

But the idea freaks me the hell out. It's a visceral, illogical thing. That, and the fear of the copay with the crappy-ass insurance I have.

Eventually I'll have no choice.

Top Bottom