• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Cortisone or some other thing for joint pain? I’m asking because my wife suffers and is looking/evaluating, with her doctors, for solutions

Previous injections were a steroid (but not cortisone) and an anti-inflammatory. They worked twice, then did nothing the third time. That's worth trying, because the first time I had it done I didn't even need my cane for over a month and the pain was drastically reduced for over six months.

What I had yesterday is an injection called Gelsyn, which basically replenishes the hyaluronic acid your body is apparently supposed to be producing to keep the cartilage in the joint healthy or somesuch. It's a three week course of injections, after which they say you should expect up to six months of relief. Gotta say, I'm actually feeling a little relief today. The left knee is still sore from the injection, but there's less pain when I walk and I have more range of motion than I've become used to. I walked down my front steps and back up almost like a normal human this morning.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_2041.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just did some errands. I noticed something. Within a 2 mile radius of my house, there are three signs:
    • Welcome to Precinct 1,
    • Trees planted by Precinct 3, and
    • Patrolled by Precinct 5.
    I'm in Precinct 3, btw, and so are all those signs. I just wish when they re-draw the precinct lines they'd take down the old signs. New folks in the area could get confused. :)

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just did some errands. I noticed something. Within a 2 mile radius of my house, there are three signs:
    • Welcome to Precinct 1,
    I'm in Precinct 3, btw, and so are all those signs. I just wish when they re-draw the precinct lines they'd take down the old signs. New folks in the area could get confused. :)
    You confused me with your bullet points.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    • Welcome to Precinct 1,

I think a big part of everyone's confusion is that the Harris County Commissioner Precincts aren't the same as the county's Constable Precincts. If you're in Spring proper (or nearly) then, yep, you're in Commissioner Precinct 3 but in Constable Precinct 4. I think. I don't know when Spring would have been patrolled by Constable Precinct 5.

I'm in Commissioner Precinct 4 but Constable Precinct 5. Someone in Baytown would be in Commissioner Precinct 2 but in Constable Precinct 3.

And now I've completely confused myself...

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I have reached a point that I need take some undetermined time off due to things going on. If anyone wishes to get ahold of me that doesn't know me contact EastTexasRick. I have enjoyed it but life demands a different route for awhile. Yall take care.
    It happens to us all. Enjoyed your posts, hope to see you back.
    Stay safe, friend.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I have reached a point that I need take some undetermined time off due to things going on. If anyone wishes to get ahold of me that doesn't know me contact EastTexasRick. I have enjoyed it but life demands a different route for awhile. Yall take care.

But... But, you're the one who's always here, like, two hours before I am in the mornings. And I'm usually here before 05:00. What will I do if you're gone?!

Whatever events or life-direction is taking you away, prayers and blessings from this end.

Top Bottom