But it's special.........

526e7e61edd5f0c3be820388dc263691.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    We were in the Czech Republic this weekend and stopped by this place before breakfast this morning.
    c0dcee521d6cd7a962e9e7d3052b9f57.jpg

It’s the national memorial for the victims of communism.
    The memorial shows six bronze statues depicting a single individual standing on a flight of stairs. Each statue is in a different state of decay representing the different stages of the individual's destruction. This symbolizes the treatment of political prisoners by the Communist government. The individual's continual defiance is represented by the fact that all of the statues, regardless of the level of decay, remain standing.
    There is also a bronze strip that runs along the centre of the memorial, showing the estimated numbers of individuals that faced state repression during the communist era:
    205,486 arrested
    170,938 forced into exile
    4,500 died in prison
    327 shot trying to escape
    248 executed
    A bronze plaque nearby reads:
    "The memorial to the victims of communism is dedicated to all victims not only those who were jailed or executed but also those whose lives were ruined by totalitarian despotism."

I’ve never seen or heard of a memorial to the victims of democracy.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Good morning, y'all! It's a blessed day! I'm still in pain, but maybe a little less, and when I think of what our brother is dealing with over his son, my pain seems less important. I'm praying for your son, Tnhawk. God bless you.
    Thanks for the prayers, weekend nurse said pressure on brain has improved and they removed more drains and hardware from the skull. Still on ventilation machine and cooling blanket to reduce body temperature.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Was a Taurus Judge. He put a +P boo-lot in a gun that was not rated for that kind of BOOM. Very lucky to still have a a hand with five attached fingers.
    I inherited a .38 special from my dad back in 1980. He passed away. This was before I routinely carried. Usually just took it for snakes when hunting. Of course, I put some rounds thorough it.
    Here's the scary part. This was before gun forums and I'd never taken a class. My ignorance was legion. I just just busted into the hardware store and picked up some .38 ammo. +P? +P? What's that?
    One of my cousins became a gun smith. I showed him the pistol when he was in for a visit. When I showed him the ammo I'd been using, he went pale. He then explained that this gun was not rated for +P ammo and I was darn lucky it hadn't blown up in my hand.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    WillClem4
    Top Bottom