IMG_1598.jpeg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am proud of her. Why crab someone who strives to be the best person they can be and accomplish their goals and dreams?
    But she isn't striving to be the best person she can be.

All she did was enter a competition.

The article made zero mention of any skill or feat to place one competitor over another. It also mentioned nothing that this woman did to earn any title or beat out any other woman.

On the surface this is just more Liberal fluff pushing the pure BS policy of "body positivity".

I freely admit that I did zero research on the competition or this young woman beyond what the article tells me. If more information can be provided I will gladly amend my surface level opinion.

Until then I'm going with here's an obese woman winning a competition so we can all feel better about being obese.

This isn't a healthy promotion or lifestyle and I refuse to pretend that it is.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Morning..... kinda...

G o o d morning!

On this day in 1898, the Second Convention of Peking leased the "New Territories" of Hong Kong to the United Kingdom for 99 years, rent-free, expiring on June 30, 1997. British rule there had begun in 1841, so when the People's Republic of China officially resumed control at midnight on July 1, 1997, the colony had been under British authority for 156 years. China had promised that, after the changeover, Hong Kong would have 50 years of self-government, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom of the press, all things that are not permitted on the Chinese mainland.

Fast-forward to 2024, and a lot of those promises have gone away. Now, only those deemed to be "patriots" by the PRC are allowed to serve in the city's legislature. Pro-democracy newspapers openly critical of the government, such as Apple Daily, have been forced to close; so much for the promised freedom of the press. Annual protests marking China's June 4, 1989 crackdown on the pro-democracy movement in Tiananmen Square have been banned. Starting in 2020, PRC authorities began cracking down on any overt political dissent, arresting dozens of activists and imprisoning them for unauthorized assembly. Schools now must provide lessons on Chinese communist patriotism and national security, and some newer textbooks even deny Hong Kong was ever a British colony.

Communists are untrustworthy..... imagine that.....

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    But she isn't striving to be the best person she can be.

All she did was enter a competition.

The article made zero mention of any skill or feat to place one competitor over another. It also mentioned nothing that this woman did to earn any title or beat out any other woman.

On the surface this is just more Liberal fluff pushing the pure BS policy of "body positivity".

I freely admit that I did zero research on the competition or this young woman beyond what the article tells me. If more information can be provided I will gladly amend my surface level opinion.

Until then I'm going with here's an obese woman winning a competition so we can all feel better about being obese.

This isn't a healthy promotion or lifestyle and I refuse to pretend that it is.
    Maybe you're right. I also did zero research beyond the article. But the article left me with the understanding that she had admirable qualities other than her outward appearance. And I prefer to be optimistic and see the good in things instead of otherwise.

But if it is the liberal BS like giving a blue ribbon to everyone, or reverse-admiration, then I'm on board with your view.

Top Bottom