• TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    What's the glide ratio on that bad boy?
    Infinite. Climbs 0 to 45k feet straight up in seconds. That’s the infamous German 88 flak gun, responsible for 100k allied air deaths.
    I was somewhat in awe of that and the V1 they had on display
    IMG_3962.jpeg

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

After dark / hours, a lady bails out of her car with 3 totes in hand headed for the main hospital entrance which of course is locked. She sees me and asks if I work there.

How can I help you?
    How do I get in?
    (pointing) around the corner below the red ER sign.

Minutes later I turn the hall corner and find her pushing all the elevator *buttons* to no avail. I pushed the bottom one and you'll never guess what happened.

She sheepishly said "you'll never believe how many degrees I have".

20240609_193529.jpg

ALL the other *buttons* are keyed or instruction lights. :green:

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Evening. Not sure what this week will look like. Lotsa change at work and while I’m in the ‘must stay’ category, the ‘hasta be replaced ’ is about 95% of the team.

I’ve told the decision maker that if I was in his place, I’d shitcan the whole deal and contract out what he wants done, then build the org that’s needed from scratch.

He said that’s not out of the realm; only two (2) of 17 are worth keeping and those two (me and a peer) are needed elsewhere, but those spots are new headcount and that’s not guaranteed.

Honestly, I’m ready for a change and the company I once championed is evolving to something I can’t advocate for. My 5-year plan is accelerating: if I make thru the end of the year, then by this time next year I’ll be qualified for what I want to do and in a position to make it happen overnight.

Between now and then is three weeks in Europe at the end of this month and a bag of luck. We’ll see what happens.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    G o o d morning!

On this day in 1898, the Second Convention of Peking leased the "New Territories" of Hong Kong to the United Kingdom for 99 years, rent-free, expiring on June 30, 1997. British rule there had begun in 1841, so when the People's Republic of China officially resumed control at midnight on July 1, 1997, the colony had been under British authority for 156 years. China had promised that, after the changeover, Hong Kong would have 50 years of self-government, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom of the press, all things that are not permitted on the Chinese mainland.

Fast-forward to 2024, and a lot of those promises have gone away. Now, only those deemed to be "patriots" by the PRC are allowed to serve in the city's legislature. Pro-democracy newspapers openly critical of the government, such as Apple Daily, have been forced to close; so much for the promised freedom of the press. Annual protests marking China's June 4, 1989 crackdown on the pro-democracy movement in Tiananmen Square have been banned. Starting in 2020, PRC authorities began cracking down on any overt political dissent, arresting dozens of activists and imprisoning them for unauthorized assembly. Schools now must provide lessons on Chinese communist patriotism and national security, and some newer textbooks even deny Hong Kong was ever a British colony.

Because you can't fucking trust communists, except for trusting them to be totalitarian oppressors.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zepunisher
    Top Bottom