• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Before moving here, where we lived before there was a great little donut shop we frequented called Donut Day. Ran by some Christian refugees from the middle east. They had some of the best donuts & coffee I've had. My former boss was a sugar freak (wouldn't know it, given his 3% BMI) and frequently he'd call to meet up at that donut shop between services. Have yet to find a donut shop here that has quite the same quality of donuts. Shipley has become our go-to, but they're honestly not the best donuts, but my wife & I both like Shipley more than Snowflake or Yankee Doodle Donuts. Kolache Factory has some decent Kolache.
    The only thing I miss about my winter stint in Lincoln, Neb. (2012-2013), was the donut shop there. I can't remember the name, but not only were they great tasting donuts, they were huge. I especially liked the apple fritters. They were about four times bigger than what I can find around here and loaded with apple chunks, not applesauce.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    It's a Gordian Knot thing.

That world is ridiculously complex with many competing pageants and sanctioning organizations, all of them trying to name themselves as close to "Miss America" as they can get. The pictured woman, for example, competed in the "American Miss" system.
    My dyslexia strikes again !

Feel free to moderate as you or other mods see fit.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    The only thing I miss about my winter stint in Lincoln, Neb. (2012-2013), was the donut shop there. I can't remember the name, but not only were they great tasting donuts, they were huge. I especially liked the apple fritters. They were about four times bigger than what I can find around here and loaded with apple chunks, not applesauce.
    Ah... memories :)
    Spent m'first 20 years in Lincoln. Back then Randy's had the best donuts. I just called a friend - she says they still do. Did you ever have a Kolache? The real kind, not these weiner filled things they have down here. Hope you had a Runza too. Yummm! :D

Last edited:

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Lowes fiasco update:

I was literally typing out an update to this, when I got another call back from the lumber manager apologizing, and giving me the option of returning/refunding the non-delivered materials. I asked about just getting another store to ship it - he said he *could* request material transfer and have it delivered in a couple days. I'm going that route, because I don't trust them not ot fuckup more, or try charging a higher delivery fee from Houston vs Tomball.

I guess the store manager himself actually was the one to pick my order yesterday, as he saw that they just cancelled without authorization the day prior after he told them to pick and deliver my order on Wednesday. (That'd be an unholy ass chewing from me, had that been my employee...) - I guess he even left them a note to finish picking the order and ensure they had all the materials. They dropped the ball and just sent what he picked.

Big communication breakdown all throughout the chain. I spent an hour and forty-five minutes on hold with them before I got a call back from a manager finally who is getting shit taken care of. I'm madder than a wet hen because there was absolutely no reason for it to be this complicated, and no excuse to just park customers on hold for over an hour. I dropped the call and called back 2X in order to get any updates out of the customer service rep - the first guy I talked to went on lunch 10 mins after putting me on hold. I was on hold for almost an hour and twenty minutes waiting for someone from shipping/receiving to pick up before I hung up and called back the first time.

At this point I think after i get everything taken care of, I'm going to drop a line to the district or regional manager if I can find it and vent. I'd be pissed off as a manger / business owner if one of my employees treated my customers with such apathy/incompetenece. I get it - big box corporations just don't give a **** but c'mon...

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Ah... memories :)
    Spent m'first 20 years in Lincoln. Back then Randy's had the best donuts. I just called a friend - she says they still do. Did you ever have a Kolache? The real kind, not these weiner filled things they have down here. Hope you had a Runza too. Yummm! :D
    My family on my dad's side is from Nebraska. I lived in Lincoln for a short while when I was a teen and runzas were a staple. My stepmother made them from scratch.

I was staying with my uncle in Lincoln after riding across much of the country during the summer of 2012. Couldn't stand the thought of another winter in Lincoln, so when the roads were clear in February of 2013, I headed south. Got stuck in Amarillo for three days by, wouldn't you know it, a blizzard.

Edit:
    Outside my motel room during the February 2013 Amarillo blizzard.
    1717790807599.png

Last edited:

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Feng Shui has been achieved today

in my inventory

Number of long guns = number of handguns

Never have I felt so balanced and enlightened (except when I discovered the .30SC thread and became a disciple of the unholy caliber)

Top Bottom