Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    morning ladies and gents

a busy Thursday ahead at work today… then tomorrow Mrs. Iowashooter has her coronary angioplasty. They plan to fix, with a stent, any blockage they may see (one was indicated from her treadmill stress test/ekg last week). praying all goes well

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    morning ladies and gents

a busy Thursday ahead at work today… then tomorrow Mrs. Iowashooter has her coronary angioplasty. They plan to fix, with a stent, any blockage they may see (one was indicated from her treadmill stress test/ekg last week). praying all goes well

Prayers to Mrs. Iowashooter and you. It's pretty amazing how good the technology is now for this stuff, and how many lives it's saved and extended. Biggest after-action complaint I've heard is about bruising and discomfort where they insert the tube (probe? extension? catheter? Er...the thing). We'll be thinkin' of both of you.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What type of a person would discount the value of that article because it was published in the NY Post, which by the way is a fairly conservative paper. What does it matter who published it if true and what makes it less worthy of people caring about the subject matter? Does it make it any less a disgustingly serious problem because a NY paper published the article? Or did I misunderstand your comment's intent?
    It's pretty much the same type of person who would give it merit because it is from New York. Who is that you ask? A person from New York that loves New York but left because New York sucks. But here you are, defending anything New York.

Air quality? Cockroaches? Big fucking deal. I'm going to rate people literally shitting on the sidewalk in front of restaurants as the stand alone most important metric of how disgusting a city really is.

But take it for what it is. I'm not a Liberal defending Liberals.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Prayers to Mrs. Iowashooter and you. It's pretty amazing how good the technology is now for this stuff, and how many lives it's saved and extended. Biggest after-action complaint I've heard is about bruising and discomfort where they insert the tube (probe? extension? catheter? Er...the thing). We'll be thinkin' of both of you.
    Thank you… catheter thingy through the arm I believe is the plan

sometimes they do through the leg, however

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Thank you… catheter thingy through the arm I believe is the plan

sometimes they do through the leg, however

The arm may be the easier route. I remember one relative having it go through the inguinal artery and her most vivid memory about the whole process was a beefy male orderly literally leaning on the site for a long time afterward, I guess to help prevent internal bleeding. She had a massive purple-yellow bruise there for a week after. Regardless, prayers now and first thing in the morning.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    It's pretty much the same type of person who would give it merit because it is from New York. Who is that you ask? A person from New York that loves New York but left because New York sucks. But here you are, defending anything New York.

Air quality? Cockroaches? Big fucking deal. I'm going to rate people literally shitting on the sidewalk in front of restaurants as the stand alone most important metric of how disgusting a city really is.

But take it for what it is. I'm not a Liberal defending Liberals.

Bigger question may be who died and made a lawn mowing company god? That's who did the "ranking": https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/studies/dirtiest-cities-in-united-states/. And it looks like one of Houston's major "failures" was that it's the energy capital of the world and the area emits some "greenhouse gasses." Another rating criteria was number of "alternative-fuel stations per 100,000 residents." Yeah... Eff off LawnStarter, Inc.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Top Bottom