• ...and so much more!
  • Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Canned spinach is a slimy abomination and should not be considered food.

Fresh spinach is tasty and much better than lettuce on a sandwich.
    Just haven’t been able to eat it since this 2006 CBS news article…

”An outbreak of E. coli in eight states has left at least one person dead and 50 others sick, federal health officials said Thursday in warning consumers not to eat bagged fresh spinach.

The death occurred in Wisconsin, where 20 others were also sickened, said Dr. David Acheson of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. The outbreak has sickened others — eight of them seriously — in Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, New Mexico, Oregon and Utah.

FDA officials do not know the source of the outbreak other than it appears to be linked to bagged spinach. "We're advising people not to eat it," Acheson said.”

probably ok now… 18 yrs later… but I just can’t do it…

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Just haven’t been able to eat it since this 2006 CBS news article…

”An outbreak of E. coli in eight states has left at least one person dead and 50 others sick, federal health officials said Thursday in warning consumers not to eat bagged fresh spinach.

The death occurred in Wisconsin, where 20 others were also sickened, said Dr. David Acheson of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. The outbreak has sickened others — eight of them seriously — in Connecticut, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, New Mexico, Oregon and Utah.

FDA officials do not know the source of the outbreak other than it appears to be linked to bagged spinach. "We're advising people not to eat it," Acheson said.”

probably ok now… 18 yrs later… but I just can’t do it…

That's why you wash produce before eating it...

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1709782216206.png

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Thanks for checking on me, my friend. :)

I've got some issues with my eyes that keeps me pretty much offline totally. On good days I can stay and read a bit, but I make a point to come in first thing after I get up to say Good Morning to everyone....and I check the Pet thread on my way out...cause I got a real thing for mutts, which is why I'll never leave all y'all. :D

@Texasgordo
    Don't know what issues you are having, but I can sympothize. My wife has Retinitus Pigmentosa. So far, it seems to have stabilized at about 10 tto 12 degrees total vision. She only sees what is directly in front of her. She trips. A lot. Not fun for either of us.

Take care of them eyeballs. Theys handy little bugger. Hope they can fix your issues.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom