• jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Just curios, why not do both at the same time? Get it over and done
    The eye surgeons won't do both eyes at one time. I guess if something goes wrong, you will still have one eye. That's a guess.
    But look at this possibility that I found:

Same-day surgery is bad business for ophthalmology​

When surgeons choose bilateral same-day surgery, they are paid in full for the first eye, but then the second eye is reimbursed at only 50%. The lost revenue is problematic for a practice, but the fact that surgeons are willingly performing the surgery at a reduced reimbursement is a dangerous precedent. We are choosing to take a 25% pay cut and letting our work be devalued.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Missed saying Morning :)
    Had cataract surgery on my right eye this morning. Amazingly easy and fast. I didn't realize how bad my vision was til I got home and can read without glasses right now. I'm ready to have my left eye done next Tuesday. Hope it goes as well. :)
    A friend of ours in NC had his done recently. He was amazed at the results and told me "I wish I had done it sooner ".

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Just got another text.

Now it says 10/27/23.

Somebody needs to be fired....

:green:
    Just asking.
    Who would you fire?

The guy doing the crew assembly, start date and time coordination and restoration estimate?

The guy down in the ditch while his wife and kids spend another evening wondering if he's ok?

The "mass message guy, who's changed the notification 5 times because someone on the required 5 man crew isn't answering the phone?"

Project management sucks, but everyone suffers when someone drops the ball.

Everyone has reason.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Just asking.
    Who would you fire?

The guy doing the crew assembly, start date and time coordination and restoration estimate?

The guy down in the ditch while his wife and kids spend another evening wondering if he's ok?

The "mass message guy, who's changed the notification 5 times because someone on the required 5 man crew isn't answering the phone?"

Everyone has reason.
    The guy that don’t show up. His responsibility to show or get an alternate

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just asking.
    Who would you fire?

Everyone has reason.

I've gotten 5 texts so far.
    Somebody is telling somebody else to send them without doing due diligence.
    Did you see the very first text I received?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The eye surgeons won't do both eyes at one time. I guess if something goes wrong, you will still have one eye. That's a guess.
    But look at this possibility that I found:
    Medicare funded cataract surgery? My had same day bilateral LASIK done 15+ years ago, no problems. My PRK was done bilaterally, same day 11 years ago again, no problems.

I can imagine older eyes are a different different story, but if Medicare is paying, I can see reimbursement rates playing a part of the decision-making. . From the same article your quoted.
    It is true that same-day bilateral cataract surgery can be a more attractive option to a patient. Patients can have both of their eyes taken care of in the same setting, and it saves them time and office visits. Some surgeons promote this in their practice for their premium IOL procedures. Of course, when we do premium IOLs, we can do both on the same day, and we can mitigate the lost revenue by adjusting what patients pay out of pocket for the procedure.

It’s lovely having the government influence treatment decisions.

Top Bottom