• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I don't think you can repair the outer surface skin of the leather by any means...but cleaning them up and adding some dye will make the scuffs less noticeable. But once that outer layer of cowhide is damaged, there's no real way to get it smooth and shiny again.

I was concerned about protecting what’s there.
    I’ll give it a whirl.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ok old fogges

I used the old try n true fiebings saddle soap on an older sling. I made sure afterwards it was dry. Dry on the front whipped it down again with a dry rag. Flipped it over it was bone dry on the back. I put one even coat of neatsfoot oil, rubbed it down.
    Came back today, and there is white splotches in random places. So I took a dry cloth whipped it down, the white disappeared. Leather was dry feeling needed in my opinion another coat of neats. Did that, there’s not any standing oil on the sling at any time.

Is that white streaks dried soap? Mildew? Or what?

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    tenor.gif

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Ok old fogges

I used the old try n true fiebings saddle soap on an older sling. I made sure afterwards it was dry. Dry on the front whipped it down again with a dry rag. Flipped it over it was bone dry on the back. I put one even coat of neatsfoot oil, rubbed it down.
    Came back today, and there is white splotches in random places. So I took a dry cloth whipped it down, the white disappeared. Leather was dry feeling needed in my opinion another coat of neats. Did that, there’s not any standing oil on the sling at any time.

Is that white streaks dried soap? Mildew? Or what?

It might be some left over white fluid on your hand after you finished with the nude women's magazine.

Just kidding. I don't thing mildew would be white. I've been racking my brain on what it could be, but can't come up with an answer. But I'm old and my brain doesn't work very well all the time.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    It might be some left over white fluid on your hand after you finished with the nude women's magazine.

Just kidding. I don't thing mildew would be white. I've been racking my brain on what it could be, but can't come up with an answer. But I'm old and my brain doesn't work very well all the time.
    Salt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well my pet scan was perplexing. Both Drs think it's because I'm still sore and healing from the radiation and chemo. There were areas that lit up but didn't show up on the CT part of the scan. Other areas the ENT doc looked at and didn't see anything.

The med oncologist Saud he's not too concerned but I need a couple mri's to look at areas in my neck cause on CT they looked normal but lit up on the pet scan.

So we're still not in the clear but the 2 Dr said they aren't too concerned but I need further testing.

I was hoping to be all clear but were not there just yet. 2 more weeks of stressing and waiting.

I really need a break from this shit.

Top Bottom