• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Ok old fogges

I used the old try n true fiebings saddle soap on an older sling. I made sure afterwards it was dry. Dry on the front whipped it down again with a dry rag. Flipped it over it was bone dry on the back. I put one even coat of neatsfoot oil, rubbed it down.
    Came back today, and there is white splotches in random places. So I took a dry cloth whipped it down, the white disappeared. Leather was dry feeling needed in my opinion another coat of neats. Did that, there’s not any standing oil on the sling at any time.

Is that white streaks dried soap? Mildew? Or what?
    Did you let it sit 25 hours in a warm ventilated area? It may not have been as dry as you think. How much have you handled that part of the sling with sweaty hands?
    Sometimes there are chemicals and other contaminants that will come out after you oil leather. If you oiled it and it now looks dry, you may want to put a little more. Sounds like the leather dried out and absorbed something the oil is releasing.
    While I am thinking about it, clean your boots and let them sit at least 24 hours in a warm spot with air flow. Not direct sun. Go to Tandy leather and get some Black Fiebing's Pro Dye and some Resolene. The Resolene will put a littke shine back on them if you put several coats. Super Shene will work but soaks in a little more and not quite as shiney IIRC.
    Check Tandy Leather's website for directions. There is Tandy store right there in Round Rock. If you take the boots, they can probably help you better pick something to get them looking good again.
    I am really going to try and be at the range Saturday afternoon and evening. Not sure what time.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I posted this on another thread but the Texas Game Warden wants me to post it here also.

The Texas Game Warden wants anyone who lost guns in a boating accident in any Texas lake to get on their web site to fine out where you can go to retrieve/claim any and all guns lost in any Texas lake when you had your boating accident.

384766794_313086491419784_3351184634640206717_n.jpg

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I posted this on another thread but the Texas Game Warden wants me to post it here also.

The Texas Game Warden wants anyone who lost guns in a boating accident in any Texas lake to get on their web site to fine out where you can go to retrieve/claim any and all guns lost in any Texas lake when you had your boating accident.

View attachment 408691
    Are those 1903 Colts?

Top Bottom