• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Looks like two T-6 Texans are down at the Reno Air Races. From what I've been able to find out, they went down after the gold class T-6 race, when the racers were in the landing pattern. Looks like neither pilot made it.

Sad end to the last National Championship Air Races to be held at Reno. Next year they'll be somewhere new.
    Prayer sent for their Family...

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    On patio, drinkin home brew, burnin a CAO earth nectar GD bitin Flys drivin me nuts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Dang...

I accidentally made a horse/deer fly killing trap two years ago!

I was washing out the tray in a dog crate....Had it soaking in the driveway some water & Dawn.

Got involved in another project...

Sun moved around and the tray was "half" in the shade (under truck)....

Blame flies? They flocked to that! Musta done kilt thousands of them in a couple weeks! (I set it out, every day it did not rain)....

Only seems to work when the tray is "half" in the shade? But! Boy does it!

I was emptying it twice a day (got so many flies in it...they could walk on the carcasses of their brethren!)

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1694999100743.png

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    It's getting harder to want to keep doing good to people when they don't seem to care to do it back.
    Don't mean I'm giving up..I just would like to see some glimmer of hope that's all.

This morning I ran to a self service car wash and used my credit card to pay.
    The clock ticks until you press the stop button..regardless of whether you turn the wash selector to off or not..still have to press the stop button on the credit card pad or you time keeps ticking till it hits $20 and then stops

My fault..I got distracted and pulled out and got down the street about a mile and half and it hit me.
    So I turned around and drove straight back and a older guy with his Honda and Texas plates "T Bone" was in that bay just washing away.
    Knowing I'd been gone only 5 minutes max
    .I walked up and saw the timer at 11.53 seconds so I looked at him and pressed the stop button.

I never said a word and started back for my truck

He said "you know I was just gonna do that..I wondered why it was going when I got hur."

Again nobody to blame but me.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Looks like two T-6 Texans are down at the Reno Air Races. From what I've been able to find out, they went down after the gold class T-6 race, when the racers were in the landing pattern. Looks like neither pilot made it.

Sad end to the last National Championship Air Races to be held at Reno. Next year they'll be somewhere new.
    Sad...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Looks like two T-6 Texans are down at the Reno Air Races. …

Yep. It’s been a great race week up til this. Chris Pushing and Nick Macy collided during the landing phase. The way the field is laid out, most of the spectators were unaware until the emergency vehicles rolled. No post crash fire.

Sport, Jet, and Unlimited Gold races suspended. Flying back tomorrow.

It was already announced 2024 won’t happen. Rumored that Vegas would host 2025 at Pahrump, but that’s wild speculation, especially after today.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Yep. It’s been a great race week up til this. Chris Pushing and Nick Macy collided during the landing phase. The way the field is laid out, most of the spectators were unaware until the emergency vehicles rolled. No post crash fire.

It was already announced 2024 won’t happen. Rumored that Vegas would host 2025 at Pahrump, but that’s wild speculation, especially after today.
    That place is huge. I used to do insurance inspections. If I recall I think the stands are at the west end and it kinda drips off to the east. It was cool to go to the hangers where they stored and worked on the race planes. And some rich dude used it to store and fly his Russian MIG

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

I hope they do find a new site and pick the races back up. Hockey and air racing are about the only sports I can sit down and watch...and I didn't even know Reno was going on until today. I've got some videos to watch of yesterday's races.

Top Bottom