• Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Good Morning.
    The Terex decided to fail to proceed in the middle of a forest. I get to go to town to scrounge parts. After reading the post discussing front license plates, its a whole different world when you are dealing with the local constabulary in the sticks. .
    If I do get pulled over it will give me a chance to go all Fudd and BS with the Officer till he is sick of me, and sends me on my way.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mornin!.... Coffee!

Pulled the forms this morning and filled in the edges. It's not perfect, but it seems solid enough and level. I had meant to pour 3" deep, but it's probably closer to 4" with a footing around the edges. It's actually 4 1/2' x 6 1/2', since I plan to put a 4'x6' shed on it. I'm happy about it.

0906230858.jpg

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Dad and I were on a road trip in that area back in the late '70s. Stopped by to see what little could be seen on the Missouri, never paying attention to what was parked on the other side of the pier. A few years later I'm watching an Officer and a Gentleman, in the opening credits you see both hull numbers, BB63 and BB62. According to their YouTube videos (Battleship New Jersey), they've got a lot of the ship available and open to the self guided tours.
    There was quite the fight over keeping the Missouri in Bremerton since it had been an icon there since I was a child, but Hawaii won out claiming it would be better having the beginning of the war and ending in one place.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Robocall sales guy was stupid enough to ask me "how I'm doing" when he called a few minutes ago. Pal, you're the fifteenth scam call I've gotten in two days, and you're the first one who's not a robot. Don't get all butthurt when I tell you exactly how I'm doing because I'm gonna fucking tell you. And don't you dare tell me to "listen" because you've got nothing to say I'm interested in hearing.

I tried to call back to find someone else to chew out..."The number you have called is not in service.."

Figure I've got about 30 minutes till the next call. I wonder if it'll be another damn Cylon.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Outside temp is 99 degrees with a heat index of 106.

Inside temp is 94 and rising. Turn your ac on you say. I would if the damn thing was working besides the humming sound it makes. Can't get an AC company out until, some time between 8 AM and 2 PM tomorrow.

Told the wife I'm thing about calling @Axxe55 and getting him and his harmonica together with my AC humming and making a hit record. I thought this was funny but instead of her laughing, she wanted to know where the key to the gun locker was.

And that's how my day is going.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Robocall sales guy was stupid enough to ask me "how I'm doing" when he called a few minutes ago. Pal, you're the fifteenth scam call I've gotten in two days, and you're the first one who's not a robot. Don't get all butthurt when I tell you exactly how I'm doing because I'm gonna fucking tell you. And don't you dare tell me to "listen" because you've got nothing to say I'm interested in hearing.

I tried to call back to find someone else to chew out..."The number you have called is not in service.."

Figure I've got about 30 minutes till the next call. I wonder if it'll be another damn Cylon.
    1694026804243.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Outside temp is 99 degrees with a heat index of 106.

Inside temp is 94 and rising. Turn your ac on you say. I would if the damn thing was working besides the humming sound it makes. Can't get an AC company out until, some time between 8 AM and 2 PM tomorrow.

Told the wife I'm thing about calling @Axxe55 and getting him and his harmonica together with my AC humming and making a hit record. I thought this was funny but instead of her laughing, she wanted to know where the key to the gun locker was.

And that's how my day is going.

If you haven't already, get all your windows open and all interior doors open. You need that air circulation.

Top Bottom