• ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Mountain Girl,

'Member? I said I got lit up by a flock of blame RED FACED paper wasps? Whilst mowing a couple years ago?

Well...today I push mowed....after push mowing, went to look at how the Neighbor on the East of me excavation project is going.

I look up, as I round the house from the North side...and guess what? A starter nest of them blame RED FACE paper wasps. In the very same spot...yes, they let me push mow...

1692911364962.png

Walk over to the garage, get a can of that SPECTRA WASP SPRAY...it foams & clings.... gave them 1/2 of the can...felt good...watching them die!

Walked back to the garage.....guess what? On the peak of the gable? Another starter nest of them cursed RED FACED paper wasps.

Gave them the rest of the can! (had to climb on back of truck, to so do)....Was willing to take a couple stings for killing two flocks of them! In the same day!

Did not get hit...had a couple approach me slowly...then succumb to the SPECTRA WASP SPRAY!

I do have two small birds' nests to get rid of...soon as the chicks are flying...one is chickadees, the other is that other small brown/grey bird..male has black throat? Wren? Two different types of chickadee?

They are good bug eaters...

Have several pair of yellow birds...finches? warblers? oriels? this year....they are always eating bugs!

I do not feed them....(on purpose...might have more bugs than I just need...?? LOL)...

Later, Mark

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Hey Mountain Girl,

'Member? I said I got lit up by a flock of blame RED FACED paper wasps? Whilst mowing a couple years ago?

Well...today I push mowed....after push mowing, went to look at how the Neighbor on the East of me excavation project is going.

I look up, as I round the house from the North side...and guess what? A starter nest of them blame RED FACE paper wasps. In the very same spot...yes, they let me push mow...

View attachment 402703

Walk over to the garage, get a can of that SPECTRA WASP SPRAY...it foams & clings.... gave them 1/2 of the can...felt good...watching them die!

Walked back to the garage.....guess what? On the peak of the gable? Another starter nest of them cursed RED FACED paper wasps.

Gave them the rest of the can! (had to climb on back of truck, to so do)....Was willing to take a couple stings for killing two flocks of them! In the same day!

Did not get hit...had a couple approach me slowly...then succumb to the SPECTRA WASP SPRAY!

I do have two small birds' nests to get rid of...soon as the chicks are flying...one is chickadees, the other is that other small brown/grey bird..male has black throat? Wren? Two different types of chickadee?

They are good bug eaters...

Have several pair of yellow birds...finches? warblers? oriels? this year....they are always eating bugs!

I do not feed them....(on purpose...might have more bugs than I just need...?? LOL)...

Later, Mark

Man, the red wasps we've got in Texas (all red, their tails aren't black like your red-faced ones) must be made of tougher stuff. Spectra wasp spray just gets them drunk and belligerent. Gotta go for Hot Shot or (if you can find it) Black Flag to kill those bastards.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Man, the red wasps we've got in Texas (all red, their tails aren't black like your red-faced ones) must be made of tougher stuff. Spectra wasp spray just gets them drunk and belligerent. Gotta go for Hot Shot or (if you can find it) Black Flag to kill those bastards.
    We have "purple mud wasps"...they live underground....

Often, the Iron Worker finds them when they are setting the foundations on new construction...

Winter? Not bad...Cut into a hive of them in the Summer? LOOK OUT!

We have firms that specialize in eradicating them...

1692912073482.png

They start to stinging..and don't stop!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'll see your purple mud wasp and raise you...a tarantula hawk. Luckily (thank God) these things are not very aggressive and are solitary, because the "expert advice" if you get stung by one is to lay down immediately so you don't hurt yourself when you fall to the ground and start screaming. They do, in fact, hunt tarantulas to drag into their burrows and plant their eggs in so the larva can have a good meal while they grow. And they are freaking huge.

tarantula hawk.jpg

I've never pointed a can of spray at one of these - but I've taken one out with a BB gun from a safe distance.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I'll see your purple mud wasp and raise you...a tarantula hawk. Luckily (thank God) these things are not very aggressive and are solitary, because the "expert advice" if you get stung by one is to lay down immediately so you don't hurt yourself when you fall to the ground and start screaming. They do, in fact, hunt tarantulas to drag into their burrows and plant their eggs in so the larva can have a good meal while they grow. And they are freaking huge.

View attachment 402706

I've never pointed a can of spray at one of these - but I've taken one out with a BB gun from a safe distance.
    Let's not sell the cow killer short:

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball

I have a yard full. Their on my fences, in my birdhouses, trees, etc. I hunt em down with a 5 gallon tank with a spray wand. I fill it with water and add a half cup of Dawn. It knocks em down in the dirt. Then I do a tap dance on their happy ass.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    edmonsonjohn68
    Top Bottom